Default Rileys employee turnover?

Rileys seems to be going through another purge.

One of my favorite employees Buzz appears to have been let go. That's a shame as he was probably one of the reasons I even went there. Very tight lipped on what happened to him.....employees must be under a gag order

Not sure if Roy has been regulated back to reloading as it appears they have brought in some new managers.

Old timer Bob looks like he is the last man standing from the old regime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NES Member

maybe they spent a ton updating their website.

Riley's is dead to me.............

i still enjoy going to riley's but don't get up there enough to have a rapport with any employee so the turnover means nothing to me. i do long for the old days when dick was still alive and running the place. last time up, 2-3 months ago maybe, one of the guys made an off hand remark to me that the place had just sold again. i let the remark roll off my back and never thought to question the statement.

Quote Originally Posted by RUT View Post
    Riley's is dead to me.............
    Same here... Three strikes and I'm out and never going back...

BTW, on their web site they have "New England's Largest Gun Store"... Not even close to being true. Maybe 10-15 years ago they were, but I doubt it. It's that continued level of asshatness that keeps me away.

BTW, the amount of items they list up online is pitiful... If I was a potential new customer of theirs, I wouldn't be due to what they show online...
    Last edited by Golddiggie; 02-16-2017 at 11:04 AM.
    HK45C for sale

Quote Originally Posted by hillman
    I was up all night because my wife was coughing, puking, sneezing, wheezing, whining, crying...and it didn't have anything to do with sex this time!
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchman View Post
    Not Dick, that's short for Richard. My name is Jean-Luc. My girlfriend called me "oh, my god" last night, even tho she doesn't have to call me by my job title. When my boss sees me, he usually says "Jesus Christ", but that's not right either.

Default Rileys employee turnover?

I'll still go in there only because of their proximity to Shooters and every now and then they might have a good deal on a used gun

But day in and day out Shooters or Keith and Alex will beat their prices.

Big Keith, Little Keith, Doug, Brian etc and now Buzz are all gone.

Riley's is a bit far for me to travel (+30 minutes), but I do go there occasionally. Their prices on reloading supplies is lower than I can find closer, so I'll head up there if I need a lot.

Its not generally common practice to talk about ex employees. So I assume rieleys changed hands. Well im sure who ever bought already had plans for other people to eventually work there.

Rileys changed hands probably a couple of years ago if I'm not mistaken. There was a big shakeup then with employees but it has been pretty much the same core of guys until recently

Don't know too many of the people in there but they moved stuff around and threw off the aura that was so much of the store's charm.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional,
    illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream
    media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible
    to pick up a turd by the clean end."
    "At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke