Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The Vortex says the Venom in 6MOA says is being released in Spring of 17. I didn't wait and bought a Viper as I wanted 6MOA over 3MOA. That said when the Venom 6MOA comes out I am sure I will be ordering one. I do love the Viper but I hate that I have to remove it to change batteries (when the time comes) and had to remove the rear blade to get at the set screws to loosen them before adjusting wind-age and elevation. Who the hell came up with that bloody design???

I have a Leupold Deltapoint Pro on my Glock 34 MOS. I got it because it has a larger screen than the Trijicon RMR, so hopefully less hunting for the dot.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoto View Post
    I am interested in hearing whether people have found the dot to be faster or slower from holster to 15 yards
    I am normally a G34 Production shooter and I find the red dot slower from the holster. With sights, I start to pick them up early and can fire at close targets as the gun is coming into position. With the dot, I have to get the gun all the way up before I can find the dot and shoot. I'm sure it's just because I'm not familiar with it, after all, I know how fast you open shooters are so obviously red dots can be quite fast.

I went with the Burris FastFire 3 (8 moa) on my G17 MOS and am very happy. The price was right ($200 on Amazon), and it has a full lifetime no BS warranty. The 8moa dot size is perfect on a pistol. I didn't like the fact that the Vortex Viper loads the battery from the bottom. That means it needs to be sighted in every time you change the battery. The DeltaPoint Pro is probably the best out there, but it costs 3 times as much as the Burris FastFire 3 and only has a 2 year warranty on the electronics. Since my gun is pretty much just a range toy I wanted the no BS lifetime warranty because I let lots of other people shoot it. The FastFire was a great dot to buy to test the waters and see if I liked it. Now that I have it, I think I'm going to buy another one to put on my 9mm AR since I only use that indoors at my club at distances of 25 yards or less.

- Cuz.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoto View Post
    I am interested in hearing whether people have found the dot to be faster or slower from holster to 15 yards
    You and I know that from 10 yards and in, on an open target, point shooting, or at least a natural point of aim / index is used more so than the sights (iron or optic)

From 20 and out, I think we can both agree that an optic will be quicker and/or more accurate than irons.

15 yards give or take, person to person, is where dry fire practice, eye sight differences, and natural ability will determine if iron sights or an optic is faster. I feel that practicing a draw to optic sight acquisition is more important than to iron sight.

I still have not spent any serious time behind an open gun. I have a ghetto fabulous M&P with a slide mounted RMR that I have used in carry optics and open (with a comp and magwell) I have won matches with it (in open), but I truly think I would have won those still had I been shooting limited.
    TY73127

"Beneath the rule of men entirely great, The pen is mightier than the sword." -Edward Bulwer Lytton.

Stupid question.
    My slide came back from milling, I had them install Suppressor height sights for me as well. Gonna go break her in at the range soon........but before I go should I co-witness the dot to the iron sights? Or zero is separately? First time user......Since I'm not sure where the suppressor height sights are gonna hit I would think co-witness first then adjust accordingly? New to red dots on pistols
    insert fancy memberships here

Quote Originally Posted by edmorseiii View Post
    I can't wait to split a turrist's wig for 'Murica.

generally i'm not a big fan of burris, but FWIW I am really impressed by my burris fastfire 3. it's been swapped on and off various rifles and one pistol with tons of rounds fired. it holds zero perfectly. sight picture is nice. for the $$ it seems like a very good choice. my only comparison is a trijicon RMR. the trijicon definitely looks like a more rugged build but for the $ and my applications i would go with the burris all day long.
    ---
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by JCV View Post
    Stupid question.
    My slide came back from milling, I had them install Suppressor height sights for me as well. Gonna go break her in at the range soon........but before I go should I co-witness the dot to the iron sights? Or zero is separately? First time user......Since I'm not sure where the suppressor height sights are gonna hit I would think co-witness first then adjust accordingly? New to red dots on pistols
    Just slap the dot on top of the front sight (while sights are aligned obviously ). Then just go to range and make final adjustments. Plopping it on front sight will get you on paper without having to fire a shot.
    Shooting at the speed of thought
    Facebook

Anyone have any experience with both trijicon rmr and vortex viper? I'm starting a G19 build and as you all know have to decide before my slide is milled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've run both and it depends on preference. The RMR to me feels tougher than the Venom. If you plan on carrying,I say RMR. Otherwise the Venom will do the same and has a little wider view.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast