Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

the kit i was looking at wasn't Wheeler...it was generic. it also didn't have the fat wrench,bits or levels. I have a US Optics level that I use to mount on the pic rail when I put a scope on, but for the price of the 'Wheeler' name AND the FAT wrench, I'm considering this purchase. Even though a lot of my milsurps aren't scoped, it'd still be beneficial to have a torque screwdriver for the band/ferrel/action screws. I love/hate how NES is always finding new ways to spend my money, but with over $2500 in glass/rings/mounts alone, I suppose it's time to check to make sure everything is mounted correctly so i'm not damaging any of my scope tubes and getting the accuracy i'm paying for. I admittedly considered lapping to be voodoo until I got into precision shooting...every little bit helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillham View Post
    Which kit were you looking at?
    I'm looking at https://smile.amazon.com/Wheeler-Sco.../dp/B002PQKGSI for $100.
    Lowest it's ever been is $70 - and for $70 I'd pick it up.. But I can't bring myself to spend $100 right now for only three scopes.
    and FTR, if I buy the kit (and I probably will because i'm a fiend for tools)...you're welcome to come over and use it sometime. I'm in worcester, so not exactly close...I do most of my basic scope mounting in my basement (using a plumb bob at one end, and my pic level on the rifle in a table vice)...it's low budget, but it gets the job done! i hope you like dogs!
    Last edited by Dakar652; 02-15-2017 at 11:13 AM.
    ... "SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI" translated, " Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever"...

Quote Originally Posted by Dakar652 View Post
    the kit i was looking at wasn't Wheeler...it was generic. it also didn't have the fat wrench,bits or levels. I have a US Optics level that I use to mount on the pic rail when I put a scope on, but for the price of the 'Wheeler' name AND the FAT wrench, I'm considering this purchase. Even though a lot of my milsurps aren't scoped, it'd still be beneficial to have a torque screwdriver for the band/ferrel/action screws. I love/hate how NES is always finding new ways to spend my money, but with over $2500 in glass/rings/mounts alone, I suppose it's time to check to make sure everything is mounted correctly so i'm not damaging any of my scope tubes and getting the accuracy i'm paying for. I admittedly considered lapping to be voodoo until I got into precision shooting...every little bit helps.

and FTR, if I buy the kit (and I probably will because i'm a fiend for tools)...you're welcome to come over and use it sometime. I'm in worcester, so not exactly close...I do most of my basic scope mounting in my basement (using a plumb bob at one end, and my pic level on the rifle in a table vice)...it's low budget, but it gets the job done! i hope you like dogs!
    I do like dogs - and Worcester isn't far away from Billerica - just shoot down 495. May have to take you up on the offer!
    My previous two scopes, I've just used a couple of keychain levels, and snugged up the screws and called it a day. Now that I have a $900 Vortex scope, I don't want to ruin it (I know, only $900.. baby steps)

I do like dogs - and Worcester isn't far away from Billerica - just shoot down 495. May have to take you up on the offer!
    My previous two scopes, I've just used a couple of keychain levels, and snugged up the screws and called it a day. Now that I have a $900 Vortex scope, I don't want to ruin it (I know, only $900.. baby steps)
    900! it took me a long time to save the same money(that could be spent on guns) and it was not easy parting with it.

Last edited by BillNed; 02-28-2017 at 09:18 PM.

In case anyone was tracking this... https://www.amazon.com/Wheeler-Scope.../dp/B002PQKGSI

It's on 'sale', or the price has dropped to $70.11. $69.99 is lowest on CamelCamelCamel, so hop on it, before it shoots back up.

Anyone have the Wheeler (or similar) scope mounting set, that'll let me lap my rings, bubble levels, and torque screwdriver?
    I'm in Billerica and go into Cambridge every day..
    I'd like to borrow it :)
    I've got three scopes I need to do (one 30mm, two 1 inch), and can't quite justify buying the tools (yet).
    I've got an older scope ring alignment/lapping kit from Wheeler. I think it's 1", but I'll have to dig it out. I don't have levels or torque wrenches with it though. It has flat ends, not the points, but you can still align with the two butts..
    I'm in SE CT, but there is 100 meters outside to run it.
    Last edited by NavelOfficer; 04-18-2017 at 02:03 PM.

In case anyone was tracking this... https://www.amazon.com/Wheeler-Scope.../dp/B002PQKGSI

It's on 'sale', or the price has dropped to $70.11. $69.99 is lowest on CamelCamelCamel, so hop on it, before it shoots back up.
    Oh what the hell...lol. I bought it a few months ago for $100.
    ... "SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI" translated, " Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever"...

Mine arrived today- didn't expect it to weight 15 pounds. Looks like serious business!

$65.16! All time low.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast