Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Metal parts look pretty good after electrolysis . The next big problem is what to do about the crushed muzzle end. I have seen how they use arbours on shotgun barrels to remove dents,I think this is way beyond that. If I cut it down and reattach the front site the barrel will still be about 1'' past the stock, i'm afraid that will look strange. Unfortunately I don't think this project will be a shooter,but I will load it with some black powder and make some noise.
    I am also looking for suggestions on removing the nipple, it's been soaking in Kroil on and off for a week and shows no sign of moving. It was rounded off long before I got to it. Drill it and ez out? or leave it as is? It will still take a muzzle cap.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

IMG_4048.JPG
    Last edited by Kevin 103; 02-17-2017 at 09:06 AM.

I thought I would document the electrolysis process for my son to share with a chemistry class he is in. We talked about it and we both came to the conclusion that restoring a "gun" would not go over well in the class.
    We are turning into a nation of pussies.

IMG_4026.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin 103 View Post
    I thought I would document the electrolysis process for my son to share with a chemistry class he is in. We talked about it and we both came to the conclusion that restoring a "gun" would not go over well in the class.
    We are turning into a nation of pussies.

IMG_4026.JPG
    document here..... some of us like to see this stuff. Maybe post it in the "build it yourself" section.

I dont think it will look to funny with the barrel cut close. many guns over the years have had that look.

as for the nipple if the hole is not completely clogged leave it be.

The Nipple is clear. I chased it with a 1/16" drill bit.

I will put together something on the electrolysis and post it. Very simple and effective. I wish I took more pictures.

Rustoleum rust remover comes in 1 gal cost is about $22.00 take a 4 foot piece of 2-3 diameter pvc pipe put a cap on one end for a dip tank this stuff is amazing. Ive done quite a few restorations this way you wont be sorry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12