Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    NES Member

Good luck! Rock them!

Audio of the oral arguments are now available.

Steve did a really good job. He worked very hard on his presentation including submitting himself to a grueling moot session at the hands of some very good attorneys including an outside we brought it.

For me, I think it went well. We got out the points we wanted to get out. I still think we'll probably lose.
    Of course the US Constitution isn't perfect; but it's a lot better than what we have now. -Eric Sheppard
    Comm2A
    Shop Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle Dragger View Post
    Bump. Think happy thoughts everyone. We only get 10 minutes to make our case in front of the court. We might just have one sympathetic ear on this panel so we'll need all the good vibes you can spare. Audio should be up in a couple of days and we'll post a link in this thread.

I don't like to check mine either*, (some federal courts don't even allow that). But that also means I have to drive since my alternative would be Uber and I can't call Uber without my phone.

*Ironically, I can't check my phone at my neighborhood state district court, but I can check my gun.
    Why don't they just have little "lockers", like they have at the Y to put your keys, wallet, phone in?

Wishing you good luck with this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote33 View Post
    Why don't they just have little "lockers", like they have at the Y to put your keys, wallet, phone in?

Wishing you good luck with this case.
    Or mailboxes, like Chuck McGill.

That was interesting. It sounds like in the best case they'll rule in such a way that he has to apply for an FID and be rejected and start the whole thing over again. Because the Commonwealth is playing with the house's money (ours), they can drag it out and make it ridiculously expensive. I didn't hear the judges go down a path of "if there's a chance this could ever end in his favor, we ought to find the fastest path to resolution to minimize the deprivation of this citizen's rights by the state", which was annoying from a "right thing to do" standpoint.

Thank you for providing the link to the audio and for all the hard work to get to this point.

Quote Originally Posted by dans View Post
    Or mailboxes, like Chuck McGill.
    Chuck McGill? WTF, is that like Chuckie Cheese?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567