Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

This is ****ing madness. GOOD LORD, what a mess. It's not this hard, but yet we have government officials who always step on the constitution. etc... makes me sick !

standard redneck

Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office. Ė Anonymous

The United States Constitution is the supreme law of the land, the ultimate guardian of our cherished rights and freedoms. We must vigilantly defend it from all enemies foreign or domestic - for present and future generations.- Benjamin Franklin

Oral arguments before a three judge panel of the First Circuit have been scheduled for the first week of April. Morin v. Leahy
    Of course the US Constitution isn't perfect; but it's a lot better than what we have now. -Eric Sheppard
    Comm2A
    Shop Amazon

Can the public attend? Can it be televised?

Anyone can attend. Proceedings in federal court are not televised, nor are even still cameras allowed. The last time I had federal jury duty, we were told to leave our cell phones in our cars or at home because we wouldn't get into the building.

That's why they have all those drawings on TV when they talk about federal cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote33 View Post
    Can the public attend? Can it be televised?
    The Rule of Law, not the rule of Maura

Practices vary from court to court. The First Circuit typically posts oral argument recordings on their website, often the same day. The Ninth Circuit live-streams oral arguments.
    Of course the US Constitution isn't perfect; but it's a lot better than what we have now. -Eric Sheppard
    Comm2A
    Shop Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle Dragger View Post
    Oral arguments before a three judge panel of the First Circuit have been scheduled for the first week of April. Morin v. Leahy
    Thank You for the fighting the good fight. Please kick these son of bitches in the baby maker.

standard redneck

Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office. Ė Anonymous

The United States Constitution is the supreme law of the land, the ultimate guardian of our cherished rights and freedoms. We must vigilantly defend it from all enemies foreign or domestic - for present and future generations.- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Garys View Post
    Anyone can attend. Proceedings in federal court are not televised, nor are even still cameras allowed. The last time I had federal jury duty, we were told to leave our cell phones in our cars or at home because we wouldn't get into the building.

That's why they have all those drawings on TV when they talk about federal cases.
    I always leave my cell behind. They'll check them at the door, but willingly handing my cell phone to federal LE isn't on my to do list.

This Tuesday:

05/02/2017 -- Oral Arguments scheduled

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle Dragger View Post
    Bump. Think happy thoughts everyone. We only get 10 minutes to make our case in front of the court. We might just have one sympathetic ear on this panel so we'll need all the good vibes you can spare. Audio should be up in a couple of days and we'll post a link in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jar View Post
    I always leave my cell behind. They'll check them at the door, but willingly handing my cell phone to federal LE isn't on my to do list.
    I don't like to check mine either*, (some federal courts don't even allow that). But that also means I have to drive since my alternative would be Uber and I can't call Uber without my phone.

*Ironically, I can't check my phone at my neighborhood state district court, but I can check my gun.
    Comm2A
    Shop Amazon

Go get 'em, and thank you for all you do!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast