Default DIY Slug-o-Tron: barrel slugging machine, now portable!

I posted the first version of the slug-o-tron build in another place, I don't want to repeat the theory and other crap. I do want to repeat a great thank you to NES members who helped me out: RKG, 50BMG, Slowdive, DneproMike and EddieCoyle! Many thanks!

Ok, so here is a portable version of the slug-o-tron: it slugs your barrel in 15 sec and records how much tension it encountered during pulling of the slug. The latter may be indicative of some bore qualities, but х.з.

first thing, we grab some vodka, some c-channel and whatever pieces of scrap we got lying around. Make this and color it Obama banner red.

Of course it was too cold outside and paint wasn't drying, may be need to pay more taxes. So I baked it, it becomes darker. The middle of the platform and the bottom of the sled is sanded down from paint. Those parts will glide on each other.

Also on bottom, I make the third leg so that platform does not keel over:

Platform and sled are attached to each other using a bronze bearing in the middle. It makes things smoother:

and then grease them up lightly

This is how slug-o-tron will look:

At the back we attach load cell:

and some boring electronic crap:

where barrel goes, you can use a bronze insert or a custom made piece, like I did:

here it is inserted at the front:

stick cable through and you are ready to go:

I wrote a quick program to capture data and present it in blue color:

Also, here is a faggy box to store slugs:

The whole thing fits

We are ready to travel:

bykwn hu 'aezam!

بيكون هو أعظم

"Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." ― Frederic Bastiat
    ďThe only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted." ― Ayn Rand

You doing house calls?

I want to track you down and have a beer or 12 with you. The conversation would be worth whatever it costs.

Sent from my phone....which isn't really a phone anymore, it's a computer on my pocket
    All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to stand by and do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by headednorth View Post
    ....no one ever used a car and some booze to defend themselves from their government..

nice product there buddy. slugging time, woohoo!

Quote Originally Posted by jibbr71 View Post
    I want to track you down and have a beer or 12 with you. The conversation would be worth whatever it costs.

Sent from my phone....which isn't really a phone anymore, it's a computer on my pocket
    Drag him to the 603 and Olde Kilkenny Pub in Milford soon to be 47 beers on tap and they have 2.50 drafts during happy hour, $.10 wings on Sundays

so this is where all that data came from. cheer up, the paint looks nice still.

update java nooblet.

I think your name should be changed to Boris the Great!
    Old Screen Name - Tommy258

07 FFL
    Toms
    Littleton, MA 01460

By Appointment Only

Directions:

The address is 410 Great Road, Littleton, MA 01460. Exit 31 off 495.

The lot you want to park in is DIRECTLY ACROSS from the IBM Entrance and Exit. Only park there after hours. Go in Red Door in up the stairs, at the top take an immediate right and I am down that hall.