• Obama Administration Finalizes Social Security Gun Ban



    By AWR Hawkins

    On Monday the Obama administration finalized a Social Security gun ban that could prevent “tens of thousands” of law-abiding elderly citizens from purchasing guns for self-defense.

    Breitbart News reported this ban on July 18, 2015, when it was learned that the Obama administration was creating a ban on gun purchases that would apply to Social Security recipients who needed help managing their finances. The Los Angeles Times reported that the ban would be sweeping; that it would cover those who are unable to manage their own affairs for a multitude of reasons–from “subnormal intelligence or mental illness” to “incompetency,” an unspecified “condition,” or “disease.”

    Read full story here: http://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendme...urity-gun-ban/
    Comments 30 Comments
    1. bill o's Avatar
      bill o -
      Quote Originally Posted by fishgutzy View Post
      VA got busted delaying permit renewals for NC veterans. They kept sending firms back to SO's and requesting other forms that were not required by law.
      Took a call from Senator's office to stop that crap.
      Apparently all veterans permit applications also go through the VA. that much is true.
      Veterans are better off going outside the VA anyway.

      Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
      Can you cite a news story from a legitimate source, or a VA directive, or a state law to support this? What was the Senator's name? Did he issue a press release? These stories never seem to pan out.

      It's almost always the case that these stories have a grain of truth (i.e. the tiny proportion VHA enrollees deemed unable to manage their finances and reported to NICS) which people wrongly generalize to all veterans.
    1. fishgutzy's Avatar
      fishgutzy -
      Quote Originally Posted by bill o View Post
      Can you cite a news story from a legitimate source, or a VA directive, or a state law to support this? What was the Senator's name? Did he issue a press release? These stories never seem to pan out.

      It's almost always the case that these stories have a grain of truth (i.e. the tiny proportion VHA enrollees deemed unable to manage their finances and reported to NICS) which people wrongly generalize to all veterans.
      Senator Burr.
      My neighbor was one if the veterans whose renewal was delayed by the VA. Not DC but a regional office in the state.
      Mental background checks are required in NC and fir anyone who is a veteran has their application sent to the VA as well.
      Never made the news because once Senator Burr got involved the delays stopped.

      Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
    1. Horrible's Avatar
      Horrible -
      And these morons (Dems) wonder why Nov 8th went how it did
    1. bill o's Avatar
      bill o -
      Quote Originally Posted by fishgutzy View Post
      Senator Burr.
      My neighbor was one if the veterans whose renewal was delayed by the VA. Not DC but a regional office in the state.
      Mental background checks are required in NC and fir anyone who is a veteran has their application sent to the VA as well.
      Never made the news because once Senator Burr got involved the delays stopped.

      Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
      Wow, NC is messed up! Does everyone who applies for a permit have to sign a release for medical records? Does the sheriff literally get printouts of all your doctor's notes, inpatient progress reports, etc., and read and interpret them? That is creepy as hell.

      I know the VA has its own form for release of medical records. They would never accept some NC state form, so I wonder if the delay was a technicality.
    1. fishgutzy's Avatar
      fishgutzy -
      Quote Originally Posted by bill o View Post
      Wow, NC is messed up! Does everyone who applies for a permit have to sign a release for medical records? Does the sheriff literally get printouts of all your doctor's notes, inpatient progress reports, etc., and read and interpret them? That is creepy as hell.

      I know the VA has its own form for release of medical records. They would never accept some NC state form, so I wonder if the delay was a technicality.
      Yes we have to sign a release for those records. It may be a remnant from when democrats controlled the house, Senate, and governor office but still managed to pass CC permit.
      Or it is due to interpretation of new federal rules. Hard to tell these days.


      Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    1. sig shooter's Avatar
      sig shooter -
      Quote Originally Posted by bill o View Post
      Whatever he got denied for, it wasn't simply for mental health treatment in the VHA. I hope no veteran reads this and defers treatment based on bad info.
      One has to adjudicated via a legal trial to trigger the DQ. Adjudicated mentally defective, committed to a mental institution or found not guilty by reason of insanity.
    1. EC1's Avatar
      EC1 -
      Next step will be the soviet era mental institutions or red chinese re-education centers.
    1. KnifeSteel's Avatar
      KnifeSteel -
      Hello all, I am new to the forum and appreciate this place.

      Can someone please explain to me why, with some exceptions, many of those who would be described as "liberal/leftist/democrat" tend to be against individual citizens having the right to self-defense of one's person and property? I would hope I'm wrong on this analysis, but it seems to be the situation. They often seem to side against the law-abiding citizen, who has used a knife or gun to defend themselves and their homes from violent criminals. Why is this?
    1. Len-2A Training's Avatar
      Len-2A Training -
      My take on it is that they prefer to rely on the gov't for everything, so they believe that dialing 911 will have Superman show up instantly.
    1. mzanghetti's Avatar
      mzanghetti -
      Quote Originally Posted by KnifeSteel View Post
      Hello all, I am new to the forum and appreciate this place.

      Can someone please explain to me why, with some exceptions, many of those who would be described as "liberal/leftist/democrat" tend to be against individual citizens having the right to self-defense of one's person and property? I would hope I'm wrong on this analysis, but it seems to be the situation. They often seem to side against the law-abiding citizen, who has used a knife or gun to defend themselves and their homes from violent criminals. Why is this?
      The founding Fathers of this country put forth the idea that our rights are given us by God and are not given by the state. This also gives us the right to dissolve the government if it stops serving our needs and begins to become oppressive. This principle is anathema to the left who see government as the solution to all problems and believes that if government had total control a leftist utopia could be created. This government would be oppressive to many if not most Americans and would be in severe danger of revolution from many on the right. The ability to resist due to the Second Amendment is one of the main reasons that many on the left would love to see the Second Amendment gutted so as to be rendered impotent or even repealed. Repeal would be difficult so gutting it with the Supreme Court is or was a goal of the Hilliary Clinton Campaign. Does my idiotic ramblings make it clearer for you? Feel free to ask any other questions if I can answer I will try!
  • Visit our sponsors