Default Computer classes for the beginners?

My husband is looking for the computer classes for the beginners. What he needs to lern is basics of Micrsoft Office and Internet, as well as basics of the computers in general. He does not have experience with computers, but is determined to learn.
    Does anyone know about such classes offered for general public, not for college credits?

Thanks!

Cutting a hole in the Iron Curtain and escaping!

Check your town's summer recreation program. Alot of towns have computer courses for adults for very little $$.

Also you can usually take the computer courses at a community college or state college as an audit and pay a reduced cost, but receive no college credit for it. Some schools also run certificate courses at night designed for people that just want to learn new skills.

How about a local high school or tech school that offers adult education classes?

I am not trying to be a smart aleck but...

I have learned a lot just from watching the average Joe making a YouTube video on various subjects.

That would you husband an idea about what real classes would be like when he takes a class.

I took classes at a Clark University satellite school a couple years back (Now AIC) and it was very good, but quite expensive. but i took the whole sha-bang, from basic A+ to security+ and MSCE classes. if he were to take a class on A+, that would be a good start.

I heard that John Sherer - AKA the video professor will send you your first lesson on DVD for free because he is sure that once you find out how much you like it - you will buy more from him..

But seriously, what Reptile said is a good place to start otherwise there are plenty of classes around that are cheap like MacGyver said..
    They also sell boatloads of books on every subject you could ever want to learn..

Location?

google "adult continuing education" with your town or nearby city. It is often held at libraries and high schools.

I see you're in RI but when a relative was unemployed a few years ago in Mass the State offered FREE computer classes and she said they were great. And I'm proud to say three months later she had a job again. Might have something similar in RI--even if he's not unemployed they're usually not so picky about applicants. very few people unemployed actually attend the classes
    Last edited by Another_David; 04-16-2010 at 01:19 PM.
    pew pew pew

If you have kids/grandkids/nephews/nieces/whatever that you have a decent relationship with, they might be glad to help out. Offer them some food or cash.

Good luck!
    It's not paranoia, if they really are out to get you.

Don't get in any gun fights with buffalo hunters. There ain't no such thing as cover.
    -The Box O' Truth

RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be

look for the books 'Office for Dummies" and 'Internet for Dummies". Lots of good stuff in them.
    At my age, just about everything pisses me off !

Show me ANY law that would have stopped any of the school shootings.
    Freedom has ceased to be a birthright; it has come to mean whatever we are still permitted to do.
    US Army Security Agency 1967-1971 - NRA Benefactor

If you live in Massachusetts protect your 2nd Amendment rights and donate... Comm2a.org