Default Renewing a MASS LTC ?????

Hey everyone! I am due to renew my LTC in 2011. My current LTC has a restriction on it for Work related Purposes. When I renew however I would like to have this restriction removed and get it for All lawful purposes. My question is how do I go about changing this?? Do I just change it on the application, or do I have to apply for a whole new License? What are the chances of me getting denied because I changed my reason for applying?

Also how early can you apply for a renewal? I have another 10 months, but could I do it now?

thanks to all
    Mike H.

do it asap. I heard guys waiting almost a year for the prosses to go threw.

Unless you live in a "green" town, you may want to talk to an attorney who specializes in firearms cases before you apply if you want to increase your chances of getting an ALP license.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Thedub88 View Post
    do it asap. I heard guys waiting almost a year for the prosses [sic] to go threw [sic].
    TEN months prior to expiration? I doubt the department would even accept a renewal that early.

If a renewal, or even a first application, took that long it's because the applicant LET it take that long. CHSB turns the license around in less than a week from receipt; AFIS may take a bit longer. DMH used to be a major delay for apps, but even it has gotten its act together.
    Last edited by Scrivener; 04-11-2010 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keepermike View Post
    Hey everyone! I am due to renew my LTC in 2011. My current LTC has a restriction on it for Work related Purposes. When I renew however I would like to have this restriction removed and get it for All lawful purposes. My question is how do I go about changing this?? Do I just change it on the application, or do I have to apply for a whole new License? What are the chances of me getting denied because I changed my reason for applying?

Also how early can you apply for a renewal? I have another 10 months, but could I do it now?

thanks to all
    Mike H.
    I would do it 2-3 months before it expires. Just put All Lawful Purposes for the reason. IMO I don't think that they would deny you based on wanting to remove restrictions, but anything is possible...I guess. Either way, if you have an LTC already I would not worry about any problems.

3 months seems to be the earliest a PD will accept the renewal application. Could you enlighten us as to what town you reside in?

it entirely depends on which town you live in whether nor not you can a) get ALP, and b) what is required to give them if you can get ALP.
    Quote Originally Posted by CRSIII View Post
    Bite me Saudi shitheads!
    BUY MY BASS GUITAR

NOTE: When buying an item from me off this forum, always pay cash unless you are paying via mail, then we can discuss terms.

Quote Originally Posted by keepermike View Post
    I got the reminder notice from the CHSB at 90 days away from expiration. I went in at 65 days and while they accepted it they commented on it being early.

I am in Millbury, origanally licensed in Grafton.
    Quote Originally Posted by 45collector View Post
    3 months seems to be the earliest a PD will accept the renewal application. Could you enlighten us as to what town you reside in?