Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default "slim" Sig P226 grips?

I was just curious, do they make slim-profile wooden Sig P226 grips? I was down at Four Seasons today and tried out one with a set of 'standard' grips. Nice gun, but the grip was very chunky for my hand (or maybe I'm just a weenie who's used to his 1911's... ) Some judicious Googling didn't turn up much, so I figured I'd ask here...

You won't find wood grips that are really thin for Sigs. Try Hogue Extreme Aluminum grips. They're the thinnest you can find for a Sig, and very nice in general. Of course, the frame itself is quite thick, and even these grips aren't as thin as I'd really like.

I just wish once someone would call me "Sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."
    -Homer Simpson

The new E2 "package" includes the new snap on grips which are *really* nice - thin and grippy. One of the instructors had them on his P226 at the class I was at in December. I guess it was all announced at the SHOT show. I assume they will not be $180 ...

I just put Hogue grips (thin version, not finger grooves) on my P229/9mm after loving them on the older P229/40SW I just picked up.

-Tim

Quote Originally Posted by sleeplessknight View Post
    I was just curious, do they make slim-profile wooden Sig P226 grips? I was down at Four Seasons today and tried out one with a set of 'standard' grips. Nice gun, but the grip was very chunky for my hand (or maybe I'm just a weenie who's used to his 1911's... ) Some judicious Googling didn't turn up much, so I figured I'd ask here...
    Yeah, my sister was looking for some slim grips too. I am just kidding of course. The 226 is just big/ chunky.

If the factory grips are too big you should probably look at a different gun. Not many grips are thinner than factory.

-Mike

I prefer the Jerry Barnhart Burner grips. They seem to hold real well. Not for Girly hands though

tough crowd...tough crowd.....

I agree that most full size Sigs are on the larger size for grips...my mother works up there on the frames at Sig...not sure which models shes involved in...want me to put in a order for a petite grip?..ony joking, but she does work there on the frames...! I can ask her to look into it, I will see her Saturday.

That's a good tip on the Burners. I've got them on my P226, seen here wearing it's .22LR Conversion. They're very aggressive, but they're the only grips I've held that aren't bigger than factory. I've heard great things about Hogue Extreme Aluminum, until I heard the price, that is. I think I paid $50 for the Barnhart Burners.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast