Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TYPEO1313
    They may have it, but still can't legally sell it to non-LEO Ma residents.

Frosty I know you know this, This just for the others who get the fler that don't know.
    I thought that advertising it (without any direct disclaimer) was a bit "misleading". However today I saw their blanket disclaimer which covered every possible reason for not having/selling anything which might be contained in their flyer.
    Frosty

"No matter where you go, there you are."
    Dr. Buckaroo Banzai

"MAJOR HOOTERS!
    Major Bob Hooters, U S Air Force at your service."
    Brian Hackett

NES Member

IMHO...
    The owner is one of the most abrasive persons that I have ever had the displeasure to deal with.
    You would do well to get .20 on the dollar for a trade-in.
    His counter "man" is a wise-a** kid who knows slightly less than my dog about guns.
    If this was the last gunshop in western MA, I'd gladly drive an hour to go to Four Seasons.
    Nick's Sport Shop in Palmer and R&R in Belchertown are much better shops and only a few minutes drive from Ware.

That flier is an "industry standard" flier, probably printed by one of the major distributors. Thus the only thing that is customized on it is the logo/dealer info. Once upon a time I got those fliers from 2-3 different gun shops and they were all identical. It is NOT a MA-specific flier, thus the disclaimer and fact that some things listed just can't be sold here.

All valid comments about the shop. The only guns I've bought there are ones that were part of a "special" sale - well below market or Four Seasons prices. But that only happens once or twice a year - like when they have an excess inventory of Smith & Wessons in December, or during a "Sig Arms" Day.

I do stop every so often to see what milsurps might pop up. You never know what someone might have cleared out of the attic.....
    "It's so adorable that you're looking for this shit to make sense. You're such a special little snowflake." Jasons to Dench

"I love a good gun, for it makes a man feel independent, and prepared either for war or peace." - Davy Crockett, 1834.

"When asked in 1998 how he had become such a good shot, he answered, "Practice." When asked if he regretted killing so many people, he said "I did what I was told to as well as I could." - Finnish Sniper Simo Hayha

I was at S&W in March, i stopped by the store and was totally disappointed.

Very little inventory, and the comment about the owner was correct,
    and for the kid, well they were accurate as well.

Don't need that aggrevation.

JimB

I called them regarding the S&W M&P .40. They told me that S&W is expecting it to be on the Mass compliant list next month. They also told me that they would honor the $499 price if I wanted to put $50 down on the M&P. Sounded fair to me. Now I just need the money.

Ware gun shop is located pretty close to me so I visit it every month or so. Mike the owner, is a bit abrasive but I have found him to be fair. Chris (I believe) runs the counter and tends to be a bit sarcastic. I have bought several guns from them but it tends to be something I really want and I say "what is your best price?" They tend to be cheaper than most stores especially on used guns but they do not have too many of those.

They have a poor selection of ammo. Basically whatever they can pick up that is cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by jhrosier
    IMHO...
    The owner is one of the most abrasive persons that I have ever had the displeasure to deal with.

His counter "man" is a wise-a** kid who knows slightly less than my dog about guns..
    My wife and I bought our last 2 handguns from Ware. I personally liked the owner. He gave me a great price that even Carl at Four Seasons wouldn't match. The young man who works the counter tried not to honor the price Mike had quoted us over the phone and Mike wasn't there to ask. Luckily my wife had the flyer in her coat pocket and one of the prices matched my down payment. We left with our new toys at the right price but I could tell that "kid" wasn't happy we got such a good deal.

The people I know that have shopped there all came away with good experiences. It is a good 1hr 1/2 drive from this part of Mass, but might be worth it during one of their Smith days. The only experience I have had with them is over the phone. I usually call them a few times a year to check prices against a local store prices. I have always been treated well over the phone even when the store was packed. I believe once when I called the 'kid' answered the phone he seem pretty professional over the phone. He answered all my questions with straight forward answers. Maybe he took his meds that day.

I am changing my view on this place. I recently went there for the first time, and found the customer service to be lacking. The father, the older gentlemen seemed decent enough but he was heading out the door when I arrived. The kid, who is probably in his mid twenties could care less about helping someone and spent the time I was there talking on the phone. I mentioned to him I wanted to see some Smith 1911s, but he brushed me, and continued talking on the phone.
    Last edited by lightbulb1976; 04-30-2007 at 03:01 PM.

customer service is not the greatest around.
    Last edited by MARINE96; 02-08-2008 at 04:47 PM.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast