Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can I make my own magazines?

I was thinking that I have enough skill to make my own mags - why would I NOT want to do that in MA? I know this is probably a stupid question regarding anything that was more than 10 rounds, but is there any reason I could not legally make magazines that were 10 rounds or under?

Something I have been wondering for a while...

Thanks

Kurtb

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kurtb View Post
    I know this is probably a stupid question regarding anything that was more than 10 rounds, but is there any reason I could not legally make magazines that were 10 rounds or under?
    Legally, no. Have fun.

I was curious about this for making 10 round SW-MP22 mags, that were the same length as the 30 rounders.

I was going to make some as soon as I'm done making paper and light bulbs for the kids.
    I've got reloading classes scheduled in Ayer, Taunton, Lee, Concord (MA), and Northboro. Click here for a list.

Never rat on your friends, and always keep your mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieCoyle View Post
    I was going to make some as soon as I'm done making paper and light bulbs for the kids.
    Yeah - I just finished that project this weekend which is why I'm asking...

You reload...if you have the means and the materials to make them...and they end up costing less than buying them? Why not?
    NES Swag that Supports Comm2A <---- Click Me!

"America is not at war. The U.S. Military is at war. America is at the Mall" --Unknown

B.P.O.E. Attleboro Lodge # 1014

Proud Member #2 and 5/16ths of JC2ASC.

Quote Originally Posted by kurtb View Post
    I was thinking that I have enough skill to make my own mags - why would I NOT want to do that in MA? I know this is probably a stupid question regarding anything that was more than 10 rounds, but is there any reason I could not legally make magazines that were 10 rounds or under?
    You sound like a Bren-Ten owner.

"Politicians Are Like Diapers, They Should Be Changed Often, And For The Same Reason"

NES Member

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShinken View Post
    I was curious about this for making 10 round SW-MP22 mags, that were the same length as the 30 rounders.
    Could you not take post-ban normal capacity mags apart, block them off to 10rd, use a mechanical fastener or rivet to make it "permanent," and then put them back together?

Along the same line, does anyone know if there are still places that sell "magazine parts kits" - fully disassembled magazines? (No, I'm not planning on doing anything illegal. )

Kurtb - Pretty clearly the answer is "yes, but why?" I can see the appeal of making individual parts (grips, trigger, etc.) if you have the time/money/patience/need/want for something you've made. None of this stuff is technically difficult to make, but your reliability decreases as your complexity increases. Don't expect a system you cobble together (mag) to work flawlessly with another (gun) without putting the time & testing into it.

All that said... It's a sad state of affairs that questions like this need to be and are asked.
    What is this garbage? I want to watch the news.
    This is the news.
    NYSRPA || Comm2A || GOAL - Donate!
    It's Time - Get Organized!

Quote Originally Posted by C-pher View Post
    You reload...if you have the means and the materials to make them...and they end up costing less than buying them? Why not?
    Because I bet I can reload 5000 rounds of 10mm in the time it will take to make one magazine, and I'll save over $2K doing it.

I can't see making a magazine unless the one I need does not exist.
    I've got reloading classes scheduled in Ayer, Taunton, Lee, Concord (MA), and Northboro. Click here for a list.

Never rat on your friends, and always keep your mouth shut.

I don't care who ya are, that's funny!...... LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast