Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Registered User Arioch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    3,264

    Default Brass rifle scope

    I'm looking for a brass, antique looking, rifle scope for a .22 lever rifle. Does anyone know who might carry them?

  2. #2
    Moderator JonJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Plymouth, MA
    Posts
    13,182
    'PUGNA PRO PATRIA'

  3. #3
    Registered User Arioch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    3,264

    Default

    Thanks JonJ. I would have expected them to have one too, but it's not in their catalog on line. I'll call them tomorrow. I had similar poor success with Navy Arms.

    I remember seeing these many places some years ago, but haven't found one yet today other than the 32" brass scopes for rifles like the Sharps.

  4. #4
    NES Member T3andme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lat: 41.91 Lon: -70.73 Elev: 148
    Posts
    2,056

    Default

    I saw an 18 inch one on Dixie Gun Works. http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product...oducts_id=4040
    When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn.
    Prov 29:2

  5. #5
    Moderator JonJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Plymouth, MA
    Posts
    13,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arioch View Post
    Thanks JonJ. I would have expected them to have one too, but it's not in their catalog on line. I'll call them tomorrow. I had similar poor success with Navy Arms.

    I remember seeing these many places some years ago, but haven't found one yet today other than the 32" brass scopes for rifles like the Sharps.
    Ebay?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-BRASS-MO...item20adad2f19
    'PUGNA PRO PATRIA'

  6. #6

    Default Brass rifle scope

    Quote Originally Posted by Arioch View Post
    I'm looking for a brass, antique looking, rifle scope for a .22 lever rifle. Does anyone know who might carry them?
    I realize this thread is from a few years back, but I am looking for the same thing (for a Henry Golden Boy 004). I am curious how you made out, what did you come up with, do you like it, etc? Same question to anyone else who is interested as well. Thanks in advance

    JR

  7. #7
    NES Member Broccoli Iglesias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Suckachusetts
    Posts
    9,166

    Default

    try: track of the wolf---http://www.trackofthewolf.com/
    1-877-guns for kids
    G-U-N-S guns for kids
    1-877-guns for kids
    donate your guns today


    Quote Originally Posted by flintoid View Post
    AR's are for internet warriors that live in their mother's basement who pretend that they are GI Joe Commandos. I've heard that they're called "operators."

    I've heard that their club is accepting new members. All it takes is $600 worth of airsoft parts and the permanent sacrifice of your penis.

  8. #8
    NES Member FreeWillie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Let me check my GPS
    Posts
    10,069

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmreiser View Post
    I realize this thread is from a few years back, but I am looking for the same thing (for a Henry Golden Boy 004). I am curious how you made out, what did you come up with, do you like it, etc? Same question to anyone else who is interested as well. Thanks in advance

    JR
    You are probably going to come up dry. A brass scope is probably going to be an antique buffalo scope or one of the modern reproductions. The cost will be around $600 at the low end and over $1000 on the high end. You're wanting to put that on a $400 rifle?

    If you're wedded to the look these guys may be of interest to you http://www.montanavintagearms.com/mva_scope.html They ain't cheap.

    Something close http://www.midwayusa.com/product/199..._vc=S016768788

    You have a nice rifle but if it was me, I'd get a good quality scope and mounts for around $300 and be done with it. You can buy some decent glass (not great, but decent) for $300.
    Last edited by FreeWillie; 03-10-2012 at 07:33 PM.
    Support Comm2A

    ageres proprias tuas (in case you are to damn lazy to look it up, it's Latin for MYOFB)

    A 'No' uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a 'Yes' merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble. - Mohandas Gandhi

    Math always wins in the end. - calsdad

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •