Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I've never owned one, but I've heard lots of people claim their gun is 'reliable' and goes 'bang everytime I pull the trigger' a lot, and been on the range when they start to put the gun tryly through its paces it starts to malfunction.

Easy range shooting is one thing, where your life depends on it is another. You try whacking the front on something and see if it still holds zero? I ask this because I have heard this part can be a point of failure on it and banging the front sight can be seen as a common occurance, hell, I sometimes bang the front sight on my AR carbine from time to time by accident.

Uncomfortable to shoot (for me), underpowered, junky feeling...
    HOWEVER, Wouldn't be w/o it and my G17 along with several hi caps in the bug out bag...

I wish someone would make a semi-automatic carbine in 10mm that uses Glock 20 Magazines. The 10mm round makes much better use of a 16" barrel than a 9mm does.

I just wish Ruger would bring back a new and improved PC9 and PC40 carbine! Also have them bring back the .44 Deerfield, and also come out with a .357 Deerfield. For that matter, redo the PC9/PC40 and come out with those in wood stocks as well.
    Last edited by Coyote33; 11-30-2009 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeWPI View Post
    I wish someone would make a semi-automatic carbine in 10mm that uses Glock 20 Magazines. The 10mm round makes much better use of a 16" barrel than a 9mm does.
    Or even the .357Sig.

I love my 10mm. I have 165grain golden sabers and 180 grain gold dots for it. The GS's come out of the standard 10mm pipe between 1400-1500fps. The 180grain gold dots are pushing 1200-1300fps. (These are not Remingon or Speer loads but full-house 10mm loads)

I would really like to see what you could get out of a 16" pipe. Just wish someone would build the platform.

Anyone have any experience with this conversion kit: http://www.mechtechsys.com/ ? I'm not sure buying another glock 20 to built a carbine is the best solution, but it's an option. Ensure magazine compatibility. I think the fixed stock version without a flash-hider would be MA legal.

Quote Originally Posted by strangenh View Post
    Or even the .357Sig.
    Wow ! That would be a jazzy weekend!
    NRA, GOAL, SASS, IDPA, AZA

Member Copicut Rifle Assoc., Rod & Gun of New Bedford.
    NRA Pistol, Home Firearm Safety Instructor; Range Safety Officer

"Guns dont kill people, dads with pretty daughters do."

For a compact carbine , my friend has a nice solution, a Winchester 94AE in 44 magnum (which goes with the 44 magnum Ruger revolver).

That's what I'm looking for a Carbine/Pistol combo in the same caliber. I have the Glock 20 and like the 10mm cartriage. Plus a 15rd magazine capacity ads a nice touch.

Add inter-changeable magazines so you only need one set and it works for both weapons, and you minimize over-head.

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-MA Hole View Post
    For me, there is something to be said for lugging around a gym bag that had a carbine in it in case something went bad...it was a lot easier than transporting a rifle case...it's ugly, cheaply built, but mine goes bang every time...
    It would've been great to have one of those in the ice storm, all I had with me was two pistols.

Unfortunately it's made out of blued steel, which corrodes in my hands in a matter of hours. If they made one in hard chrome I'd buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeWPI View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by strangenh View Post
    Or even the .357Sig.
    That sounds like an AMAZING idea!

I'd also like to see Glock make super-high cap G18 style mags in 10mm, .357 SIG, .40, etc.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast