Default sample letter of recommendation for my LTC application?

city of woburn requires letters of recommendation from three references of LTC application

anyone have any samples?

tried a few searches on NEshoots and found nothing

NES Member

I don't have any examples (I didn't need letters), but I would just get someone who will say that you're a responsible person with a cool head who understands the huge responsibility that it is to carry a gun.

I didn't need a letter, but I have one at home, because someone wrote one anyway. I can send it to you when I get home if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by jenlynn724 View Post
    I didn't need a letter, but I have one at home, because someone wrote one anyway. I can send it to you when I get home if you want.
    would be appreciated

The letter should say how long they have known you, that they believe you a responsible member of society, and that you should have an LTC A for all lawful purposes. IMO short and strait to the point is the way to go, it worked for me.

As far as I know they never even read my letters, and my references were not contacted. Good luck and hope you get an unrestricted LTC.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim94gt View Post
    The letter should say how long they have known you, that they believe you a responsible member of society, and that you should have an LTC A for all lawful purposes. IMO short and strait to the point is the way to go, it worked for me.

As far as I know they never even read my letters, and my references were not contacted. Good luck and hope you get an unrestricted LTC.
    +1 My town required 3 letters, and they all looked just like that. The paper was mostly blank because that was the only sentence. It also included their addresses, phone numbers, and signature.

To Whom It May Concern:

John Doe has asked me to provide a recommendation letter for his Massachusetts Class A Firearms license. I am not related to John but have known him for over 6 years and consider him a very close friend of the family. He is a respected professional man who holds his head high and achieves anything he sets out for.

I believe John Doe to be of good character and that he will accept the responsibilities involved seriously and know of no reason why he should not be granted a Massachusetts Class A Firearms license. I recommend that you approve his application.

If you have any questions regarding this letter please contact me in writing or call me directly.

Personal Information Goes Below

I used something similar to this. You can add or delete anything you want. Change the name and tense of course.
    Last edited by ASHDUMP; 09-10-2009 at 07:44 PM.