Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    NES Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    central MA
    Posts
    2,465

    Default Stack On cabinet - possible to copy keys or replace lock?

    I purchased one of the standard green, flimsy Stack On cabinets, and seem to have lost my receipt.

    Home Depot and Lowes don't have blanks for the keys, and Stack On absolutely will not provide additional keys without the receipt for original purchase.

    Anyone have any experience with this, and know if/where I can get the keys copied, or if/how I can replace the lock in the cabinet?
    Last edited by MetalgodZ; 07-17-2009 at 04:47 PM.
    What is this garbage? I want to watch the news.
    This is the news.
    NYSRPA || Comm2A || GOAL - Donate!
    It's Time - Get Organized!

  2. #2

    Default

    Where are you located? I installed a combination on mine. Works great! Easy to do and easy to use. PM me for more info.

  3. #3
    NES Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ma.
    Posts
    4,202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalgodZ View Post
    I purchased one of the standard green, flimsy Stack On cabinets, and seem to have lost my receipt.

    Home Depot and Lowes don't have blanks for the keys, and Stack On absolutely will not provide additional keys without the receipt for original purchase.

    Anyone have any experience with this, and know if/where I can get the keys copied, or if/how I can replace the lock in the cabinet?
    Stack on may send you new locks and you could take the old ones out.
    RKBA
    Infringements only disarm the innocent.
    To disarm someone is to subjugate them.
    When someone wants to disarm you it means they want to control you.
    Weapons of war is what the 2A is for!

  4. #4
    NES Member SMagee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Amesbury, MA
    Posts
    1,727

    Default

    there's supposed to be a number on the back with the key code to order from Stack-on according to my book when I bought mine.
    N.E.S.- Member
    NRA- Member
    GOAL- Member

  5. #5
    NES Member dagwag77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    1,719

    Default

    Or try taking the keys to a locksmith and see if they have more luck than the big stores...
    My favorite Clint Smith-isms:
    "I may get killed with my own gun, but heís gonna have to beat me to death with it, Ďcause itís going to be empty."

    "The best example of good training is to never get in a fight."

    "Keep your booger hook off the bang switch until you're ready to ventilate something..." -Anon.

  6. #6
    NES Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    central MA
    Posts
    2,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wahsben View Post
    Stack on may send you new locks and you could take the old ones out.
    If they won't send me the keys, it's unlikely that they'll send me a lock, but I'll ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMagee View Post
    there's supposed to be a number on the back with the key code to order from Stack-on according to my book when I bought mine.
    There is...and it's required in addition to the original bill of sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwag77 View Post
    Or try taking the keys to a locksmith and see if they have more luck than the big stores...
    I'll probably try that, or I may yet take MassHack up on his offer to show me how to convert it to a combo lock.
    What is this garbage? I want to watch the news.
    This is the news.
    NYSRPA || Comm2A || GOAL - Donate!
    It's Time - Get Organized!

  7. #7
    Instructor Big Daddy 45acp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lynn, MA
    Posts
    3,426

    Default

    If all else fails...I got a torch and 2 welders!

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    799

    Default

    Just take the key to a good locksmith, they'll have blanks for it.

  9. #9
    Instructor Mike-Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Shrewsbury MA
    Posts
    7,747

    Default

    Take the lock to a locksmith and he will make you a key for $15
    Stop complaining about MA and Join GOAL and comm2a if you want to make a difference.

    www.downzerotraining.com


    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  10. #10
    NES Member vellnueve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    BIOT
    Posts
    16,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy 45acp View Post
    If all else fails...I got a screwdriver
    Fixed. Welder/Torch is overkill for these things.
    Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and thus any interpretation or statements about the law that I might make should be taken with a grain of salt and mixed with your own legal research as well as advice from actual legal counsel. I cannot be held responsible if you find yourself somebody's "friend" in federal, state, or local prison should you act on my opinions on the law. My interpretations of the law will generally be on the conservative side.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •