Default Trap shooting instruction

I am looking for a trap shooting instructor to give me some lessons. I have been shooting trap for a whille but need some professional instruction to reach the next level. I was wondering if any one could recommend someone or if anybody in the NES group was a instructor . I havent been able to find anybody with out traveling across the country. Any input is appreciated

I got some help shooting sporting clays at Green Mountain Shooting PReserve in Ossipee NH. It was more for hunting practice but the guys there helped me out a lot and I was hitting most of the pheasants I aimed at on my two hunting trips there. They may be able to help you.

Sometimes clubs will pay to bring pro's in for a seminar. Perhaps it is something that may generate some interest from NES'ers

Have you checked out the Orvis Sandanona club in Millbrook NY? I don't know if Millbrook is too far a drive for you in western ma, but they do offer private instruction. I have never been but have heard it is one of the best spots in the country. Good luck.

There is a club in Burlington MA. I don't know the name of the club but I believe Mike @ Roaches' Sporting Goods in Cambridge (617 876-5816) is a member there. He states this is THE place to shoot if you are a serious trap shooter. Give the store a call and ask for him. I'm pretty sure he can point you in the right direction.

Dave
    Don't talk yourself out of your future.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    I am looking for a trap shooting instructor to give me some lessons. I have been shooting trap for a whille but need some professional instruction to reach the next level. I was wondering if any one could recommend someone or if anybody in the NES group was a instructor . I havent been able to find anybody with out traveling across the country. Any input is appreciated
    Out of curiosity ...............

Is there "one thing" in particular that is giving you the most trouble?

While I would never discount the value of a professional instructor, I've found that if you frequent a club with a large group of great shooters, all of your problems will be solved!
    Last edited by icyclefar; 07-11-2009 at 06:08 PM.

Call Addiville Farm in RI. They have an instructor or two for clays, etc.

Thanks for the info guys. Nothing that gives me trouble all the time I would just like to learn what will get me 23 24 25 all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackdriver View Post
    There is a club in Burlington MA. I don't know the name of the club but I believe Mike @ Roaches' Sporting Goods in Cambridge (617 876-5816) is a member there. He states this is THE place to shoot if you are a serious trap shooter. Give the store a call and ask for him. I'm pretty sure he can point you in the right direction.

Dave

Minuteman Sportsman's Club. I would highly recommend Bill Anzaldi. I can get you his contact info if you would like it. Bill has been shooting and teaching trap shooting for at least the last couple of decades. He used to travel with Kay Ohye(a long time pro trap shooter) doing clinics around the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Realtor MA View Post
    Minuteman Sportsman's Club. I would highly recommend Bill Anzaldi. I can get you his contact info if you would like it. Bill has been shooting and teaching trap shooting for at least the last couple of decades. He used to travel with Kay Ohye(a long time pro trap shooter) doing clinics around the country.
    Bill Anzaldi is the best trap shooter around (classed AA)....I didnt know he did instruction
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    Thanks for the info guys. Nothing that gives me trouble all the time I would just like to learn what will get me 23 24 25 all the time.
    Practice, Practice, Practice....as well as listening to the better shooters at your club