Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default A&J Sporting Goods - Housatonic, MA

I stopped at A&J Sporting Goods in Housatonic, MA (southern Berkshire County) and was pleasantly surprised to see over 300 guns, lots of ammo, supplies, etc. They are a S&W Showcase Dealer and stock pretty much the full line including AR's, plus had lots of Remington, Marlin, Ruger, Thompson Center, etc. They even had .50 BMG rifles. Very nice people.

They're only open Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM, Saturday from 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM or by appointment. Tel. 413-274-5008, e-mail ajsportinggoods@bcn.net. The address is 10 Depot Street, upstairs in the Aberdale building which is across from the Post Office and near the Fire Station. Their new web site is under construction.

Here's a photo of their "black rifle" rack.

UPDATE: A&J now has over 750 new guns in stock, and LOTS of ammo, reloading supplies, etc. They are now a SIGnificant dealer, Benelli stocking dealer, and I counted over 40 AR's in various calibers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by robmcd; 11-11-2009 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Added update
    "There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result!"
    ~Sir Winston Churchill

Default South Berkshires Gun Shop

Great to have such a well stocked dealer in Southern Berkshires.
    Looks like I'll have a weekly stop, as there is also coffee downstairs too!
    If you like Lever Action rifles, check out the Henry Repeating Arms Rifle wall
    Keep up the good work!
    KenK ~!~

Default A&J Sporting Goods - Housatonic, MA.

Stopped buy A&J Sporting Goods - Housatonic, MA. Here is a photo of a few customers on Thursday night. I had to wait in line, but they stayed open to take care of everyone.
    Gee customers still do count nowadays!
    Glad to see people are out there using the 2nd ammendment!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm in South County and wasn't even aware of the place. Damn!

Default A&J Sporting Goods - Housatonic, MA.

Quote Originally Posted by theGringo View Post
    I'm in South County and wasn't even aware of the place. Damn!
    Hello there;
    I am just off rt 7 north of Canaan, Ct.
    Do yourself a favor and stop in to A J's. There is coffee downstairs & Guns upstairs!
    The place actually has been there for quite some time, but now they have just opened upstairs for guns & ammo only.
    Even have a new web site so you can see the inside photos:
    http://www.ajsportinggoods.com/
    I keep telling them to go for an indoor pistol range!!! I would sure use it!!!
    Very customer friendly..Anyway just my opinion. check it out & let me know what you think?

Quote Originally Posted by KenK View Post
    Hello there;
    I am just off rt 7 north of Canaan, Ct.
    Do yourself a favor and stop in to A J's. There is coffee downstairs & Guns upstairs!
    The place actually has been there for quite some time, but now they have just opened upstairs for guns & ammo only.
    Even have a new web site so you can see the inside photos:
    http://www.ajsportinggoods.com/
    I keep telling them to go for an indoor pistol range!!! I would sure use it!!!
    Very customer friendly..Anyway just my opinion. check it out & let me know what you think?
    I'm off Rte 8, 9 mi north of the CT border. I'll definitely be checking it out. I'd have stopped in today while in Great Barrington today had I only known. I even had my JPFO "Life Preserver" t-shirt on!

Default Thompson Pre-ban Drum Magazines!

A&J Sportings Goods has been an FFL Dealer for over 40 years. The new store is a major expansion of an old business.

They have discovered some old inventory, including MA legal, pre-ban 50-round and 100-round Thompson drum magazines! I'll bet they're pretty rare. Call them before they're all sold.
    "There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result!"
    ~Sir Winston Churchill

I stopped in today. Small, but well stocked, with a dozen ARs on the rack ... Colt, Bushmaster and S&W. Other interesting EBR's too, as well as some very scary 50-cal items, including a couple of Armalites. Apparently the Dad used to sell guns from the little variety store downstairs or something? For decades. So the kid decided to open a gun shop ... I didn't get the whole story, but seem like nice folks. Apparently this shop just opened in March.

I saw an SKS on the rack that caught my eye ... just taken in as a purchase and he didn't know much about it ... Romanian he thought. But it says "Zastava" on the side. Yugo? I peered through the barrel with my penlight. Looked chrome lined to me. The guy thought so, too. But maybe it's just an unfired rifle? I though Yugos were unchromed.

Still, its a pretty rifle. Still in cosmoline. No price on it yet. He called it "pre-ban" because it has a bayonet on it. Hmm. I couldn't identify the muzzle device on it. Neither could the guy. No vents. Looks like a fake compensator, actually.

I wish I hung out in gun stores with milsurp collectors so I'd learn something, instead of having to come home to the magic of Google to find out if I let an opportunity pass me by.

Anyway, he thought he'd be listing it at something over $600, which I thought was very high.

Apparently, all their prices are MSRP, and then you can talk about it and settle on a sale price. Interesting.

I bought a box of 20 ga shells (Wolf 7.62x39 was $10.99 a box ... ouch) and will stop in again.

Yee-Haw! I need to get down there!
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Ben Franklin

"What good is a man who won't make a stand?" - Ben Harper

"And you do what they told ya - now you're under control"....

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/signaturepics/sigpic2474_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by MassMark View Post
    Yee-Haw! I need to get down there!
    That SKS, by the way, looks like an unissued Yugo 59/66 with grenade launcher. I emailed the shop to tell them what it was that they had unmarked on the shelf.

I bought a similar rifle Sunday at the Big E, but not nearly as nice.

Surprising the number of gun sellers who really don't know milsurp stuff. Wish I knew more.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast