Default .223/5.56 Max-Trim-Length

What are you all using as a max trim length for .223/5.56 brass. 1.76 seems to be a consensus, but I was wondering if anyone here deviates from that.

I trim to 1.745-1.750. 1.760 is max.

I picked 1.755 because it seems to be in the middle of the bell curve for my incoming , once-fired brass, and minimizes the amount of trimming I have to do.
    The NES REP system is about as ghey as Facebook

how many of you trim before resizing? I've found that my cheesy lyman trimmer will open the neck up if i resize before trimming 223 brass. so i did some experimenting and found if i trim them to 1.745 they will strech to 1.750 after sizing.

I deprime/resize then trim.

Trimming takes the most time, but keeps you from compressing the shoulder if it is too long. This is where a go/nogo gauge is worthwhile.

Also my max is 1.760 trim to 1.745-1.750 as well

Quote Originally Posted by m4bushy View Post
    how many of you trim before resizing? I've found that my cheesy lyman trimmer will open the neck up if i resize before trimming 223 brass. so i did some experimenting and found if i trim them to 1.745 they will strech to 1.750 after sizing.
    As you've noticed, full length resizing will stretch the case. I usually trim brass after the first firing and after full length resizing. For subsequent resizing I use an "X" resizing die, which prevents the brass from "growing" too much after that.
    “Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.” -George Washington-

Click here to join GOAL now. While you're at it, this will let you join NES! Your guns will thank you!