Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 22lr Conversion Kit for the M&P 9/40/45

Boy would I like one. I've searched and searched but have not found one yet. With all of the Glock conversions kits out there one would expect to see the same for the popular M&P pistol line.

wolf223

Quote Originally Posted by Mil-Dot View Post
    Boy would I like one. I've searched and searched but have not found one yet. With all of the Glock conversions kits out there one would expect to see the same for the popular M&P pistol line.

my train of thought on these .22LR conversion kits is to just buy another gun.

the ones for the Glock run around $250ish. i'd rather buy a used Sig Mosquito or Ruger Mk-series vs. get one of these kits.

of course, just my opinion.

I own a Glock 23 and an M&P40, i don't really care for these kits.

i do use a lonewolf 9mm conversion barrel on the G23 though. now that is cool.

Conversion kit would be awesome for cheap training. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
    Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and thus any interpretation or statements about the law that I might make should be taken with a grain of salt and mixed with your own legal research as well as advice from actual legal counsel. I cannot be held responsible if you find yourself somebody's "friend" in federal, state, or local prison should you act on my opinions on the law. My interpretations of the law will generally be on the conservative side.

Quote Originally Posted by jay_chris View Post
    my train of thought on these .22LR conversion kits is to just buy another gun.

the ones for the Glock run around $250ish. i'd rather buy a used Sig Mosquito or Ruger Mk-series vs. get one of these kits.

of course, just my opinion.

I own a Glock 23 and an M&P40, i don't really care for these kits.

i do use a lonewolf 9mm conversion barrel on the G23 though. now that is cool.
    Do you use the G19 mags?

wolf223

Quote Originally Posted by donthedrillman View Post
    Do you use the G19 mags?
    yes. but it does work find with the .40 mags.

Default M&P conversion kits

Advantage Arms has no plans to make a kit for the M&P. They said they're too busy making kits for Glocks and 1911's. I won't ask Ciener because I know he won't answer me. He won't even tell you the status of your order unless you send him a check for $10.00. As for conversion kits, I think they're great. If you want to shoot a .22 for the fun of shooting, get a .22 handgun. If you want to practice with your carry gun without going broke on ammo, get a conversion kit. One is not better than the other. They do different jobs.

OTOH, bullseye shooters convert 1911's to .22 all the time and use those with quite great success
    Member: Goal, NRA
    Mystic Valley Gun Club
    Quote Originally Posted by vellnueve View Post
    Doesn't matter where you carry. Ankle, IWB, up the rear hole, it's all good as long as you have the permit.
    For english press 1. For all other languages hang up the phone, learn English, and call back.

i would love one for my M&P9 and would buy it in a heartbeat

I read on another forum that a company known as TacSol (Tactical Solutions) has expressed some interest in creating an M&P .22LR kit. It was suggested there that folks Email that company directly. Google led me to lots of links, but I didn't find the one for the mfr, so I can't offer any further info as of right now.

ETA: When I did the Google, I used "Tactical Solution", thus lots of irrelevant hits. http://www.tacticalsol.com/store/pc/home.asp is the URL for this company.
    Last edited by Len-2A Training; 02-23-2009 at 10:08 PM. Reason: ETA more info

I googled "tactical solutions" and it came up. I'm gonna e mail them now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast