Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Letter of Recommendation?

Greeting, newbie posting for the first time.

I've taken the class and have the application to apply for my pistol permit. The instructions say that two letters or recommendation are required. I've really got no idea what the requirements are for such a letter, although I imagine I could come up with something that sounded OK. Any one have any specific ideas about what it should recommend and say that the recommendation is based on?

Thanks,

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DJMc View Post

I've taken the class and have the application to apply for my pistol permit. The instructions say that two letters or recommendation are required. I've really got no idea what the requirements are for such a letter, although I imagine I could come up with something that sounded OK. Any one have any specific ideas about what it should recommend and say that the recommendation is based on?

Thanks,

Dan
    you dont need letters of recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMc View Post

Thanks,

Dan

What town are you applying for? There is no state requirement for letters for an LTC application but some towns impose that.
    idealistic retard - Join or Die. Call GOAL today. We must all hang together or we shall surely hang separately.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob P View Post
    What town are you applying for? There is no state requirement for letters for an LTC application but some towns impose that.
    this is ct...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob P View Post
    I'm applying in Greenwich, and the instructions that came with the application states the requirement for two letters of recommendation.

My suggestion is to comply, even though CT law has no requirement for such letters of recommendation. I know of several CT municipalities that request them. The letter can be relatively brief. The writer should state their relationship to you, the length of time they've known you, make a statement about your character, and offer to provide additional information upon request.
    "There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result!"
    ~Sir Winston Churchill

NES Member

DJMC,

The letter can say, "dear sirs, i have known XX for YY number of years. During that time he has always been a responsible, level headed person. I am happy to recommend him for apermit to carry pistols and revolvers."

Thats it.

Don

Thanks for the advice. I've got a couple drafted and off to be revised by those whose recommendations I seek.

If you happen to know an LEO, or a firearms instructor.....or one of your elected representatives.

I had a best friend (LTC A holder in MA), my sister-in-law from NH and my "big sister" from Ct write my letters.
    Even though it said it couldn't be from family, I asked a Captain (who I knew from the citizens police academy) and he said it didn't matter, no one reads the letters anyway.
    No one called any of my references.
    BTW, since I'm from a red town, it wouldn't have mattered even if I snagged a letter from a cop or a politician, I wouldn't have gotten an unrestricted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast