Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What can a MA resident buy in Maine?

I just got back from the range with another NES member where I bumped into a guy (MA resident) who bought a .22 pump action rifle at the Kittery trading post. I also talked to 4 seasons today about reloading supplies and they told me to go to Kittery because they have it in stock.

I know I can't buy handguns out of state, but what can a MA resident with a LTC buy in Maine/NH?

Long guns? What about EBR's?
    Reloading supplies?
    Ammo?

Thanks for your insight. I would hate to drive all the way up there and find out I can't actually buy anything.

Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman_308 View Post
    I know I can't buy handguns out of state, but what can a MA resident with a LTC buy in Maine/NH?
    Yep, per federal law.
    Long guns? What about EBR's?
    Yep, as long as they compliant with the MA AWB [spit].
    Reloading supplies?
    Ammo?
    Yep & Yep

Also, no post-ban hi-cap magazines per the MA AWB [spit]

Yep, Kevin is right. You can buy ammo and reloading supplies, and you can buy long guns you're legally allowed to own here in MA. Typically one cannot buy handguns out of state, but you can also probably buy those at KTP (or other Maine FFLs) if you work it right, Birdman. ATF has said you are a resident in in Maine when your staying in Maine, and a resident of Mass when staying in Mass. It really depends upon what KTP will accept as proof of residency in Maine.

(Birdman has a house in Maine, for those of you confused by my comments)
    (Ob. IANAL)

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." -- Mahatma Gandhi

You can buy rifles/shotguns, or anything else that the laws of that state allow them to sell to you.
    Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and thus any interpretation or statements about the law that I might make should be taken with a grain of salt and mixed with your own legal research as well as advice from actual legal counsel. I cannot be held responsible if you find yourself somebody's "friend" in federal, state, or local prison should you act on my opinions on the law. My interpretations of the law will generally be on the conservative side.

Thank you all for the responses! Jer, I never even thought of getting a Maine license....clever!!

Jonathan

You don't need a Maine license to purchase in Maine.
    Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and thus any interpretation or statements about the law that I might make should be taken with a grain of salt and mixed with your own legal research as well as advice from actual legal counsel. I cannot be held responsible if you find yourself somebody's "friend" in federal, state, or local prison should you act on my opinions on the law. My interpretations of the law will generally be on the conservative side.

As a Mass. citizen,I still think we are allowed to buy lobster in Maine,at least last time I checked?

Quote Originally Posted by pbearperry View Post
    As a Mass. citizen,I still think we are allowed to buy lobster in Maine,at least last time I checked?
    Nope, it's a felony to even posess a lobster in your home in Mass. without an FID/Lobster restricted.

*Edited to add*

I'm joking, of course.
    Last edited by GSG; 02-24-2011 at 03:50 AM.

... unless its shell is 10 pounds or more.

Quote Originally Posted by vellnueve View Post
    ... unless its shell is 10 pounds or more.
    ...but it has to meet the AG's standards for consumber safety. They drop test them from a 10 foot ladder and if the shell breaks...........
    idealistic retard - Join or Die. Call GOAL today. We must all hang together or we shall surely hang separately.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast