Default Dovetail vs. Weaver?

Is there any advantage over dovetail scope mounts vs. Weaver/Picatinny style mounts? Or vise versa?

I was looking at the Tikka T3 Hunter and CZ 527; they both have a 16mm dovetail but they're also tapped for a Weaver mount, so I'm curious as to why they make both, or if one is more secure or what have you.

Thanks guys.

Picatinny is a big advantage in that the grooves at the top of the receiver allow you to remove and install the scope in the exact spot thereby "hopefully" not losing zero.

I've found the picatinny to be a much more solid mount overall as well..

BTW, Weaver and Picatinny are the same width but not the same, Weaver rings will work on Picatinny rails but not vice-versa.

Best of luck.
    You want change in MA. ?

Get out and do something about it.

Right now all 3 branches of MA .gov are controlled by anti 2A Democrats.

Until that is changed we're playing defense.

So, if you really want to see change in this state, get out to your clubs, your neighborhoods, your towns and figure out how to put people into office that can make change happen. Until we see a tectonic shift in the balance of power on Beacon Hill, we're playing defense.

I have more confidence in the Weaver staying in place, but they'll both work. I think the dovetail mount is going the way of the dodo...
    Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and thus any interpretation or statements about the law that I might make should be taken with a grain of salt and mixed with your own legal research as well as advice from actual legal counsel. I cannot be held responsible if you find yourself somebody's "friend" in federal, state, or local prison should you act on my opinions on the law. My interpretations of the law will generally be on the conservative side.

I was thinking the Weaver or Picatinny would be more secure, but didn't know they weren't the same.

Thanks guys, +1 all around.