Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Winchester Apex Muzzleloader

Any guys here have a Winchester Apex Muzzleloader? How do you like it? How much did you pay for it?

My neighbor is selling his for $200 with a Pine Ridge 2.5-7 scope. I know it's not the greatest scope but I have heard good things about the Apex. I have also read some reviews and most people like it.

I am not looking to spend alot on a muzzleloader or I would buy a TC because I will only be using it a couple of times a season. What do you guys think? Thanks in advance.

Anyone?

Buddy has one. Been a good MZ rifle. Pretty accurate, but heavy compared to my TC Omega. Walmart has the TC Omega kit on closeout for $280, less the $50 rebate ($230 net) but you will need to add a scope. Or the Triumph (which you can't use to hunt in MA as its a breakopen) for $275.

Thanks, I agree with you on the weight. It is definitely heavier. Thanks for the info on the TC from Walmart. I will have to take a look.

I have one, itís a nice entry level ML, but you can probably find one for less online, new. Do not put in more then 100 grains of powder, I have heard stories of the Muzzle blowing up. I went out and bought a TC Omega, a much better shooter then the Winchester.

Which Walmart in Mass still sells guns? I would like to buy an Omega.

Quote Originally Posted by NautiBuoys View Post
    Buddy has one. Been a good MZ rifle. Pretty accurate, but heavy compared to my TC Omega. Walmart has the TC Omega kit on closeout for $280, less the $50 rebate ($230 net) but you will need to add a scope. Or the Triumph (which you can't use to hunt in MA as its a breakopen) for $275.
    Want a great one of a kind fishing lure.

http://www.bulletbaits.com

The Danvers, MA (eastern MA) store has the Triumph and a few others.

Maybe I will offer him $150 for the Winchester then......

I wouldnt classify the Omega as a lightweight gun. I have one and I really like it but I wish a shorter barreled version was available that would lop off a lb. or so.

Didn't say the Omega was lightweight, just that it is definitely lighter than the Winchester APEX...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast