Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Anyone have the Smith & Wesson 1911 45 ACP Nickel with Black Pearl Grip?

I'm looking through my 1911 options. Does anyone have the Smith & Wesson 1911 45 ACP Nickel with Black Pearl Grip?

I'm not even sure if this is MA compliant but I would love some personal opinions on this beautiful piece.

Also, Would the Nickel make it a bad choice for a CC because of holster wear?

Last edited by rufunky; 11-06-2008 at 02:52 PM.

I'm not sure if that model is MA compliant. I don't really keep up on S&W autos. Nice looker though! My nickel finished guns have held up well against holster wear. Just be sure you get any bore cleaner/ solvents off the finish before storing or holstering the gun. That shit seems to eat at nickel.

Some folks will say that carrying a bright gun like that draws too much attention. It's too "indiscreet". I can see their point, but if you end up having to draw on someone, it should be too late for that SOB anyhow.
    I can haz more government?

-statist kitty

Thanks 45collector...Good tip about the cleaner.. I'll def keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by 45collector View Post
    but if you end up having to draw on someone, it should be too late for that SOB anyhow.
    Haha.. Thumbs up to that!

I heard different company's plating techniques are better than others. I'm amusing SW must have it down by now. "??"

They have one of those at Northshore firearms in Middleton. It's a very nice looking gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Urj View Post
    They have one of those at Northshore firearms in Middleton. It's a very nice looking gun.
    Does this mean it is MA compliant ? ?

Did you happen to see a price?

SW site says "*Suggested Retail, Dealer Sets Actual Pricing"

Woohoo .. Looks like we have a winner. Just got a email from SW. MA compliant :)

Now to find out how much I can get one for :S.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    yes it is

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2008 3:41 PM
    To: Smith & Wesson Support
    Subject: 1911 45 ACP Nickel with Black Pearl Grip

I’m trying to find out if the 1911 45 ACP Nickel with Black Pearl Grip (link below) is indeed MA compliant?

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...egory_rn=15709

SKU: 150102 Model: SW1911
    Caliber: .45ACP
    Capacity: 8+1 Rounds
    Barrel Length: 5"
    Front Sight: Brass Bead
    Rear Sight: Steel, Novak® Lo Mount Carry
    Grip: Black Pearlite grips with Silver Medallions
    Frame: Large
    Finish: Polished Nickel Frame/Satin Stainless Slide
    Overall Length: N/A
    Material: Carbon Steel Frame/Slide
    Weight Empty: 30.2 oz.
    Last edited by rufunky; 11-07-2008 at 02:59 PM.

I *think* they have it for $1200ish

But please don't quote me on that, all I know is it's more than I can afford to spend or it would be in my hand instead of on a shelf there!

If you're an Ayoob follower, I recall he claims that the ideal CCW is a flashy, highly conspicuous gangsta type pistol for the shock and awe value when the need calls. ie...the mauler will run the other way at just the sight this nickel plated hand cannon coming to bear down on him.

Be sure to carry it Sylvester Stallone / Cobra style tucked into the front of your pants for even more "deterrent" value. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
    If you're an Ayoob follower, I recall he claims that the ideal CCW is a flashy, highly conspicuous gangsta type pistol for the shock and awe value when the need calls. ie...the mauler will run the other way at just the sight this nickel plated hand cannon coming to bear down on him.

Be sure to carry it Sylvester Stallone / Cobra style tucked into the front of your pants for even more "deterrent" value. :)
    Haha, I couldn't help my self from chuckling as I pictured that. The idea behind it does make sense though! Who is Ayoob?

PS after watching Rocky all week on REG TV I may have to go rent Cobra now . It's been a way to long....:)

That 1911 is purrty

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast