Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Would this compensator be legal in MA?

I'm thinking about building a target AR with an upper from MSTN. The barrel included would be the 20" stainless Lilja fluted barrel by Compass Lake Engineering. It comes with the Compass Lake VAIS type compensator as it's configured in the picture. Because the compensator is as permanent as they get, basically drilled into the barrel itself, would it comply with Massachusetts law?

Thats sweet
    Stop complaining about MA and Join GOAL and comm2a if you want to make a difference.

www.downzerotraining.com

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

As long as it is a compensator and not a flash suppressor.

You'll have to call Compass Lake and ask them if the compensator acts as a flash suppressor or not.
    (Ob. IANAL)

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Thanks for the quick replies.

I sent Compass Lake an email, I'll let you know what they say.

That's a sweet looking barrel.

RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be

It would seem that it's not a true comp as it has holes all around. It wouldn't compensate much that way.
    At my age, just about everything pisses me off !

Show me ANY law that would have stopped any of the school shootings.
    Freedom has ceased to be a birthright; it has come to mean whatever we are still permitted to do.
    US Army Security Agency 1967-1971 - NRA Benefactor

If you live in Massachusetts protect your 2nd Amendment rights and donate... Comm2a.org

Well, Compass Lake said to check with someone locally. I'm not sure how they expect me to get that done. I guess they want me to buy one, have it shipped in and then ask a local expert.

It's no longer an issue anyway. I'm going to buy a rifle similar to this from Rock River Arms (Predator Pursuit A4 w/20" barrel). You can substitute the adjustable Magpul PRS stock for the standard one right from the factory. The Predator Pursuit comes with a NM 2 stage trigger also.

Generally, you will find that muzzle brakes have a narrow muzzle opening that is close to the bullet diameter, while flash suppressors will have a wide open muzzle. That's usually the hint.
    Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and thus any interpretation or statements about the law that I might make should be taken with a grain of salt and mixed with your own legal research as well as advice from actual legal counsel. I cannot be held responsible if you find yourself somebody's "friend" in federal, state, or local prison should you act on my opinions on the law. My interpretations of the law will generally be on the conservative side.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast