Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 80% 10/22 Receiver

Good Afternoon
    Anyone tried to build a 10/22 from one of the 80% receivers? I purchased two of them 4 or 5 years a go before my Dad died. It was a project that I was planning on doing with him. It would be fun for the two of us to bump heads on; he worked for Grumman and was a very German and anal retentive in his work and workmanship. I am a little more relaxed.
    Anyway I got mine from Tanner Industries and want to see if anyone had any luck building there own
    Thanks for the input
    Tackleberry
    Last edited by Tackleberry; 04-14-2008 at 08:47 AM. Reason: can't spell

Have you tried rimfirecentral.com they will have pretty much any answeres to any questions you have on 10/22's

Anyone know if these are still available? I'd like to try a few more 10/22 builds, especially from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Milsurps 4 Me View Post
    Anyone know if these are still available? I'd like to try a few more 10/22 builds, especially from scratch.
    The Tannery Shop still lists them.
    I was thinking of doing one a while back.
    'PUGNA PRO PATRIA'

Now there is a group buy idea.

10/22s are super easy to work on and you can build one that shoots great for fairly cheap money. Or you can spend hundreds and build one that is match grade.

I'll bring the beer if you bring the milling machine and someone that can teach us
    'PUGNA PRO PATRIA'

I ordered a stainless 10/22 and AR15 80% from the Tannery Shop September of last year, still don't have them. The impression I've got is that this would be business as usual - what you've ordered will show up, eventually, and is usually well made, but don't hold your breath. The last status update I heard was that the blanks were at the heat treating shop, waiting for a gap in their big production runs.

It has given me more time to accumulate parts for the project, at least. It certainly is a cost effective alternative to the 10/22 target receivers the aftermarket sells completed. Can't wait to see mine.

The wait has also tempted me to see if I can make one from Al billet. That's probably way over my head in terms of machining skills, but I'm sure I'd learn a lot from that. I'd just have to make sure I buy enough spare chunks of Al to cover my inevitable mistakes.
    Kevin

"History is made at night. Character is what you are in the dark." - Lord John Whorfin

"The free market is providing exactly what people want, except what they want is ****ing stupid as shit." - endus

"I swear, youíre like a circus clown trapped in a vice presidentís body. Youíre like assassination insurance. May God have mercy on us all." - Larry Correia

http://www.comm2a.org/donate

Quote Originally Posted by KMM696 View Post
    The wait has also tempted me to see if I can make one from Al billet. That's probably way over my head in terms of machining skills, but I'm sure I'd learn a lot from that. I'd just have to make sure I buy enough spare chunks of Al to cover my inevitable mistakes.
    And if they work, just make sure you have enough to supply a hungry and eager group buy from NESrs wanting to build tricked out 10/22s.

Quote Originally Posted by JonJ View Post
    The Tannery Shop still lists them.
    I was thinking of doing one a while back.
    Tannery Shop had major ATF problems... I think about a year ago. The dude who ran the place would run "build parties" where he would put your 80% lower into a CNC machine, and he would let you press the big green button. ATF didn't like that at all. Last I knew, all his inventory had been confiscated, and he was no longer in the business.

--EasyD

Quote Originally Posted by EasyD View Post
    Tannery Shop had major ATF problems... I think about a year ago. The dude who ran the place would run "build parties" where he would put your 80% lower into a CNC machine, and he would let you press the big green button. ATF didn't like that at all. Last I knew, all his inventory had been confiscated, and he was no longer in the business.

--EasyD
    I believe that was Rick Celata of KT ordnance that got raided by the ATF for his build party and BBQ event.
    Kevin

"History is made at night. Character is what you are in the dark." - Lord John Whorfin

"The free market is providing exactly what people want, except what they want is ****ing stupid as shit." - endus

"I swear, youíre like a circus clown trapped in a vice presidentís body. Youíre like assassination insurance. May God have mercy on us all." - Larry Correia

http://www.comm2a.org/donate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast