Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default Medic to stitch up my wife's head

Wife took a header into a chair while teaching class. Blood everywhere. Refused the ambulance ride and now we've been waiting in the UMass ER for 3.5 hours with no end in sight. Ugh, should have taken the ride!

I'm about 30 minutes away from suggesting Quikclot and Duct Tape.

Ok yes the title is clickbait... am bored.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JJ4 View Post

Well, did you get her into a Jonnie?

Be glad you didn't take the ride. Your insurance company probably would have stuck you with the bill. My insurance co tried to when I went to the ER on a backboard. Not a good day.

Also, since it's a head lac, there's probably a plastic surgeon consult you're waiting for
    NES, NRA, GOAL and Comm2a member, Southboro Rod and Gun member, unindicted felon since 7-20-16

Teaching a class as in she teaches at a school? = Workers Comp.
    You or your health insurance should not have to pay any bills....
    And yep, taking the ambulance ride can get you in and out quicker, but not always.

The only good thing about long ER wait is they want a period of observation with any head injury and you have now observed her for more than 3 hours and she is A-OK........
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by ccm75 View Post
    And yep, taking the ambulance ride can get you in and out quicker, but not always.
    I've found the absolute quickest way to get service at the ER is to walk in clutching your chest.

Although, running in through the ambulance entrance, screaming for a medic also gets prompt service.

(both true stories!)
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. -Madison
    Computers and instant communications are what caused the decline and fall of Western civilisation -namedpipes
    The Bird. It flies. It is free. The Human. It hunts. It sees bird. Tonight we TASTE freedom! -EagleEye
    Ad tutelam legis, quibus parere necesse est praeceptum legis -Fistulas Nominavit

#deplorable

Every time I've been in the ER (more times than I like to admit), I've always been relieved to know that I'm NOT their most important (e.g. urgent) patient. There is always someone more f-ed up them me, and I'm happy to not be them.
    The very enumeration of the right takes out of the hands of government—even the Third Branch of Government—the power to decide on a case-by-case basis whether the right is really worth insisting upon. A constitutional guarantee subject to future judges’ assessments of its usefulness is no constitutional guarantee at all.
    DC v. Heller

Comm2A
    Shop Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by JJ4 View Post
    Wife took a header into a chair while teaching class. Blood everywhere. Refused the ambulance ride and now we've been waiting in the UMass ER for 3.5 hours with no end in sight. Ugh, should have taken the ride!

I'm about 30 minutes away from suggesting Quikclot and Duct Tape.

just go to an urgent care if one is nearby. Last year, my friend took a header into a concrete pillar after a night at the bars in Cambridge. We called an uber to the Urgent Care and he was stapled up and back home in a couple of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by ccm75 View Post
    Teaching a class as in she teaches at a school? = Workers Comp.
    You or your health insurance should not have to pay any bills....

The only good thing about long ER wait is they want a period of observation with any head injury and you have now observed her for more than 3 hours and she is A-OK........
    Good luck!
    Not only that... take pictures and measure the wound and resulting scar. Talk to a lawyer... facial/visible head wounds in the workplace pay $$$$

http://www.hulu.com/watch/4155
    Last edited by snax; 03-20-2017 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JayMcB View Post
    Be glad you didn't take the ride. Your insurance company probably would have stuck you with the bill. My insurance co tried to when I went to the ER on a backboard. Not a good day.

Also, since it's a head lac, there's probably a plastic surgeon consult you're waiting for
    If it happened on the job...the insurance company will push back and make the school's Worker's Comp cover it. God damn, I hate insurance companies.
    “The Government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion.”
    ~1797 Treaty of Tripoli signed by John Adams

“In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own. It is error alone that needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1814
    GFY if you don't like my opinions

Quote Originally Posted by snax View Post
    Not only that... take pictures and measure the wound and resulting scar. Talk to a lawyer... facial/visible head wounds in the workplace pay $$$$

http://www.hulu.com/watch/4155
    Yeah...cuz our country doesn't have enough law suits over accidents already. Then people wonder why shit costs so much...medical treatment, health/home owners/car insurance, etc.
    “The Government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion.”
    ~1797 Treaty of Tripoli signed by John Adams

“In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own. It is error alone that needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1814
    GFY if you don't like my opinions