Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42
  1. #1

    Default gun safe - best place to buy one?

    Ok, it has finally happened. Long time coming, but I have out-grown my storage place for my firearms. I currently have them trigger locked, locked in a gun case, stored in the bedroom closet. Well, Now I have two gun cases, and with those full, the newest additions to my collection are just in the closet, trigger-locked only. I need a safe.

    Where is the best place to get one locally (Central MA and vicinilty)? I'm thinking a 20-gun safe should do it (I hope!) Maybe larger?

  2. #2
    NES Member Big_Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Suckchusettstan
    Posts
    7,552

    Default

    Have you looked at Eastern Security Safe Company?
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man" -- Cesare Beccaria

    Quote Originally Posted by xtry51 View Post
    Nothing spreads fear like finding out you just got shot in the dick.

  3. #3
    NES Member pdm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Taxachusetts
    Posts
    9,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Red View Post
    Beaten like a rented mule as I googled up the URL.

  4. #4
    NES Member Big_Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Suckchusettstan
    Posts
    7,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pdm View Post
    Beaten like a rented mule as I googled up the URL.
    Yeah I know.
    “Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man" -- Cesare Beccaria

    Quote Originally Posted by xtry51 View Post
    Nothing spreads fear like finding out you just got shot in the dick.

  5. #5
    NES Member Jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Barre, MA
    Posts
    4,859

    Default

    I have this one, made by Stack On. Got it from Ware Gun Shop in Ware, MA for less than $500.

    http://www.stack-on.com/securityplus.../gs-16blk.html

    I know it's only a 16 gun, but I have 2 other safes and I couldn't beat the price.
    Last edited by Jamie; 02-10-2008 at 03:17 PM. Reason: spelling

  6. #6
    Instructor Mil-Dot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Northern Worc. County
    Posts
    673

    Default

    Dick's Sporting Goods! Here's what you do. Find the safe you want (I got the BIG ONE) and look at the safe carefully. I guarantee there will be some small scratches on it from shipping! Ask to see the manager and show him the scratches and ask (nicely) Is there anyway you can take something off of this because of the "damage" on this expensive safe? He'll say I can knock off 10%. You say what about 12%? He said yes to me! That's about $120.00 savings. Get yourself a Goldenrod and a light and you're all set! If you get the "Big One" you'll need 5 strong guys to get it into the house and 3 to pick it up from the store. The guy at Dick's refused to help me because of his "bad back."

  7. #7
    NES Member pdm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Taxachusetts
    Posts
    9,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mil-Dot View Post
    Dick's Sporting Goods! Here's what you do. Find the safe you want (I got the BIG ONE) and look at the safe carefully. I guarantee there will be some small scratches on it from shipping! Ask to see the manager and show him the scratches and ask (nicely) Is there anyway you can take something off of this because of the "damage" on this expensive safe? He'll say I can knock off 10%. You say what about 12%? He said yes to me! That's about $120.00 savings. Get yourself a Goldenrod and a light and you're all set! If you get the "Big One" you'll need 5 strong guys to get it into the house and 3 to pick it up from the store. The guy at Dick's refused to help me because of his "bad back."
    I waited for a good sale to run at Dick's online store, then bought my safe with the white-glove delivery service. My next safe would be from a local company, though.

  8. #8

    Default

    I got my Stack-On 16 gun safe from Dicks for 350 or around there.

  9. #9

    Default

    If you are a member, check Costco.com. I have a large heavy safe from them and they delivered it to my house. Could not be any easier.

  10. #10

    Default

    I had no idea Dicks offered delivery from the store. Never looked into delivery from them. I have been looking at the Stack-Ons they have, and that might be the way to go for me. Not too much $$ out of pocket, meaning more $ to fill up the safe!

    Thanks!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •