Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 215
  1. #191
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stoneham MA
    Posts
    179

    Default

    Haha I almost bought that 2 weeks ago wish I did :(

  2. #192
    Stag15
    Guest

    Default

    Had a not-so-great experience a couple weeks back, which was somewhat out of character for them. I called looking for milsurp 7.62 to feed the new M1A, which I was told they had in great quantity. Needing a few other things, I took the trip (about 80 mi. round trip) with the intention of grabbing as much as I could.

    They had some - 120 rounds total, hardly a "great quantity." When I asked an associate about any more they might have, he went off to look, or so I thought. After waiting about 10 minutes, I see the guy behind the counter showing a pistol to a customer, oblivious to me still standing there.

    Their saving grace was a second associate, who saw me digging through the cans and came over to help. He even offered some advice on the proper seasoning of the barrel, which was helpful. I bought the 6 boxes of German NATO and went on my way.

    The lesson, I guess, is if you're there on a Saturday, stick with the guy if you're not obviously spending 4 figures.

  3. #193
    NES Member ISOTOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Right in front of you..BANG!
    Posts
    1,773

    Default

    ya go to Maine and buy things at inflated an price then get the honor of paying the high state tax...oh an did I mention the crappy attitude...love the place....NOT!!!!!
    "Ne conjugare nobiscum"

  4. #194
    NES Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Zombieland
    Posts
    3,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ISOTOX View Post
    ya go to Maine and buy things at inflated an price then get the honor of paying the high state tax...oh an did I mention the crappy attitude...love the place....NOT!!!!!
    I have no problem paying Maine's higher sales tax if it means not having to buy something in Massachusett's.

  5. #195
    NES Member ISOTOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Right in front of you..BANG!
    Posts
    1,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squished View Post
    I have no problem paying Maine's higher sales tax if it means not having to buy something in Massachusett's.

    Ya that make's secnce.........
    "Ne conjugare nobiscum"

  6. #196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squished View Post
    I have no problem paying Maine's higher sales tax if it means not having to buy something in Massachusett's.
    I have no problem paying Maine's high sale's tax if it means I do not have to set foot in MA... and leave my CCW at home.. and leave my post '94 AR-15 and AK at home and every other gun I own that would be illegal in MA.

  7. #197
    NES Door Greeter Dirtypacman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Merrimac Valley
    Posts
    11,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ISOTOX View Post
    ya go to Maine and buy things at inflated an price then get the honor of paying the high state tax...oh an did I mention the crappy attitude...love the place....NOT!!!!!
    I have had some excellent service at Kittery. I have gotten some great prices there also, got to know what an acceptable price is before you just throw away money. I do Love the place, even with some higher prices there inventory keeps me coming back.

    What is your place of choice if you don't me asking - Riley's?
    Member @ HSC - Harvard Sportman's Club & HHRG - @ HHRG Haverhill Hound Rod and Gun, GOAL Member, NRA Life Member, Gun Owners of America Member, & Supporter of COMM2A.
    TIP: Use google and use site:northeastshooters.com to constrain the results to NES. It'll find anything thats not in the members areas

  8. #198
    NES Member ISOTOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Right in front of you..BANG!
    Posts
    1,773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtypacman View Post
    I have had some excellent service at Kittery. I have gotten some great prices there also, got to know what an acceptable price is before you just throw away money. I do Love the place, even with some higher prices there inventory keeps me coming back.

    What is your place of choice if you don't me asking - Riley's?

    All honesty...I cannot buy firearms inMaine so everything else I can buy out of a catalog cheaper...im not one for needing somthing ASAP...i tend to be mello about waiting...if it is ammo I go to FS or Coin Collector's.
    "Ne conjugare nobiscum"

  9. #199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ISOTOX View Post
    All honesty...I cannot buy firearms inMaine so everything else I can buy out of a catalog cheaper...im not one for needing somthing ASAP...i tend to be mello about waiting...if it is ammo I go to FS or Coin Collector's.
    You cannot buy firearms in ME but you can buy ammo in MA? Am I missing something?

  10. #200
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    21,185

    Default

    I have to get here at some point. I heard they had some nice cowboy holsters and belts up there. I go to Maine every year and I have only been in that store once, and it wasn't even gun related. This July when we go to Maine for vaca again, I am stopping in.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •