Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Instructor Wishse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    69

    Default Mastering the Glock Trigger

    This video shares some thoughts on managing the Glock trigger. Specifically how to use the Glocks distinctive tactical trigger reset to improve accuracy and speed. It's a fairly long video showing the process on several Glock pistols. This process works with most semiauto pistols.

    http://youtu.be/-x-UbatREbo

  2. #2
    NES Member bill o's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    2,768

    Default

    I prefer to just slap it straight back when shooting fast. It doesn't really matter anyways, and you're probably fooling yourself if you think you can ride the reset during .2s splits.

  3. #3
    Instructor Wishse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Bill, you sound like an outstanding shooter. I would love to shoot accurately at 5 shots a second (.20 seconds per shot). Thanks for watching and commenting!
    Last edited by Wishse; 02-02-2014 at 07:18 PM.

  4. #4
    NES Member Artifact's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ninja Forrest, Nagashima Japan
    Posts
    2,032

    Default

    Thanks for sharing
    Sorry...
    Trollmode
    TEMPORARILY OUT OF SERVICE





  5. #5
    Instructor Wishse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Thanks for watching. Check out some of my other vids on www.youtube.com/wishse

  6. #6
    NES Member BillT113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Carver, MA
    Posts
    603

    Default

    I just watched shooting with both eyes open. Great advice. I am a left eye dominant right hand shooter, (yes I have every bad shooting technique imaginable) I have been trying the left eye squint to shoot using my right eye and it seems to help considerably. Really enjoy your vids. Keep them coming.

  7. #7
    Instructor Wishse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BillT113 View Post
    I just watched shooting with both eyes open. Great advice. I am a left eye dominant right hand shooter, (yes I have every bad shooting technique imaginable) I have been trying the left eye squint to shoot using my right eye and it seems to help considerably. Really enjoy your vids. Keep them coming.
    Thanks for watching and commenting.

  8. #8
    NES Member SJan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Attleboro, MA
    Posts
    2,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bill o View Post
    I prefer to just slap it straight back when shooting fast. It doesn't really matter anyways, and you're probably fooling yourself if you think you can ride the reset during .2s splits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishse View Post
    Bill, you sound like an outstanding shooter. I would love to shoot accurately at 5 shots a second (.20 seconds per shot). Thanks for watching and commenting!
    Bill is an outstanding shooter.

    For me, shorting a 1911 with a nice single action trigger, I can squeeze off a shot, ride the recoil and get the sights back on target while resetting the trigger and quickly squeeze off a second on target shot.

    Again, for me, shooting a glock, m&p, or other striker fired gun, I also tend to slap the trigger when shooting fast. As long as its a straight back slap, without disturbing the sights, its ok. If I purposely go slow enough to feel the reset, I tend to then mash the trigger to the rear, pulling a shot low left. I have the apex RAM in my M&P, along with the other goodies, I think I will remove the RAM and try some shooting ignoring the reset
    TY73127

    "Beneath the rule of men entirely great, The pen is mightier than the sword." -Edward Bulwer Lytton.

  9. #9
    Instructor Wishse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJan View Post
    Bill is an outstanding shooter.

    For me, shorting a 1911 with a nice single action trigger, I can squeeze off a shot, ride the recoil and get the sights back on target while resetting the trigger and quickly squeeze off a second on target shot.

    Again, for me, shooting a glock, m&p, or other striker fired gun, I also tend to slap the trigger when shooting fast. As long as its a straight back slap, without disturbing the sights, its ok. If I purposely go slow enough to feel the reset, I tend to then mash the trigger to the rear, pulling a shot low left. I have the apex RAM in my M&P, along with the other goodies, I think I will remove the RAM and try some shooting ignoring the reset
    Good feedback and perspective. I personally am just shooting M&Ps so I have worked ridding the reset. It's not much of an issue now. In fact, I have found this to work VERY well for me but as you pointed out it's not for everyone. Thanks again for your insight... stay safe.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •