Default Palmetto State Armory PTAC 1:9 16" carbine upper

Just came back from the range after shooting my budget build:
    PSA blemished lower
    PTAC 16" 1:9 carbine upper
    PTAC bolt carrier group
    PTAC lower parts kit
    Magpul MoE stock kit, PSA buffer, buffer tube
    Nikon P223 fixed 3 power

No issues the rifle shot great, ran a few hundred rounds through it, no FTF's or jams, triggers a little heavy could use some work.Popping clays at 100 yards.
    Guns are a lot like parachutes ~ If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again

I have to ask, did the BCG come with the upper, or did you buy separate? Did you check headspace first?
    I am running for NH State Representative in NH District 33 (Ward 6, Nashua). Please help me beat my opponents and donate to my campaign! (clicky)

NH's CONTINUING LIBERTY NEEDS YOUR HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by Rider View Post
    That's really unfair to pirates. Pirates might rob you, rape you, and/or kill you, but they don't tell you it's for your benefit.

NES Member

Bolt carrier came with the upper.. Someone is going to have to explain adjusting headspace on an AR, seems to be a common theme. Where is the adjustment? Shimming where the barrel mates with the receiver? I've put together over a half of dozen rifles, most with a bolt carrier that didn't come with the barrel or upper, never had an issue.
    Last edited by Bankjob; 02-01-2014 at 05:36 PM.
    Guns are a lot like parachutes ~ If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again

There is nothing to adjust on an AR for headspace. If you all ready fired it successfully, the headspace is good to go
    TY73127

"Beneath the rule of men entirely great, The pen is mightier than the sword." -Edward Bulwer Lytton.

NES Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJan View Post
    There is nothing to adjust on an AR for headspace. If you all ready fired it successfully, the headspace is good to go
    That's how I always looked at it.