Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 47
  1. #1
    NES Member mousegunfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Cape
    Posts
    1,153

    Default New M&P bodyguard 380, no laser

    M&P bodyguard 380 without a laser.


    http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y
    Last edited by mousegunfan; 01-03-2014 at 09:38 PM.

  2. #2
    NES Member alohadoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mass :(
    Posts
    791

    Default

    Guess I'll hold off for a while on buying that one.

    Aloha
    "He that would live in peace and ease must not speak all he knows or all he sees." - Benjamin Franklin
    Quote Originally Posted by garandman View Post
    I like military M1911's, the civilian versions to me are like the difference between wives and strippers.

  3. #3

    Default

    I want one of these eventually even though I have no use for a .380.

  4. #4

    Default

    I was hoping they would come out with a non-laser version because it was essentially useless, but I never thought it would cost the same. Shouldn't the non-laser version be $50-$100 less? I do like the look much better.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  5. #5

    Default

    It's slightly heavier...but if everything else is the same, and my galloway bar and trigger kit work. I may go for it
    Life, Liberty and pursuit of happiness....it says pursuit, not gift of. If you want it, you need to work for and earn it.


    NRA Member
    GOAL Member

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator03 View Post
    I was hoping they would come out with a non-laser version because it was essentially useless, but I never thought it would cost the same. Shouldn't the non-laser version be $50-$100 less? I do like the look much better.
    $419 vs. $379 it looks like, although the MSRP from S&W is always way higher than I see it for in stores.

    http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y

    When I first looked at the M&P version I didn't even realize it was different. It looks nicer, but besides that is there any big difference between the slide and no laser?

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BoltThrower View Post
    $419 vs. $379 it looks like, although the MSRP from S&W is always way higher than I see it for in stores.

    http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...layErrorView_Y

    When I first looked at the M&P version I didn't even realize it was different. It looks nicer, but besides that is there any big difference between the slide and no laser?
    Oh, I didn't look at the msrp comparison on their site. I was just going by what I generally see the BG selling for (which is around the same as this new gun's msrp). Also, I may be mistaken, but I thought that the regular laser version had the "M&P" logo also. I had one, but sold it over a year ago so maybe my memory is fuzzy on that.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  8. #8

    Default

    I'd buy this over the laser version, but the trigger pull from hell might still dissuade me from it. The few times I shot my friends a handful of times I had to check if the safety was on or not after trying to take a shot.
    I'll stick with my 238 for now...

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator03 View Post
    Oh, I didn't look at the msrp comparison on their site. I was just going by what I generally see the BG selling for (which is around the same as this new gun's msrp). Also, I may be mistaken, but I thought that the regular laser version had the "M&P" logo also. I had one, but sold it over a year ago so maybe my memory is fuzzy on that.
    Yeah I'm sure the M&P version will be going for 350 or maybe a bit less in stores. S&W always shoots high with prices.

  10. #10
    NES Member jefftk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    3,663

    Default

    Is the only difference between the M&P Bodyguard and the Bodyguard the lack of a laser?
    From the pictures on their website there looks to be some other slight cosmetic variations. Anyone know if the internals are the same? I've only handled a BG380 a few times, and thought the trigger leaves some to be desired. I wonder if this version will be better.

    The video on the product page said "now shipping with two magazines". Does the regular BG 380 only come with one?
    Last edited by jefftk; 01-03-2014 at 10:29 PM.
    NRA, GOAL, Comm2A, SAF, JPFO, GOA, WSC
    "To summarize: it is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it. To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job. To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem." - Douglas Adams

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •