Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Default Gun Safes at BJs

AT BJS, not for.

Stack On 16 18 gun cabinet for $99.99. Double door, key look, can hold "up to" 18 rifles or shot guns depending on how you configure it.

Also an "Executive Safe" for $299.99. Heavier, with electronic combo lock. About 40" tall. This one has a picture of a handgun on the top shelf, so it's by definition a gun safe.

As I recall from previous threads, BJs probably will not cancel the sales tax, you'll have to argue it out with corporate.

There is also a full size size one for $499.00. I think that's Sentry, not Stack On.
    Last edited by Garys; 01-02-2014 at 05:12 PM.
    Support Comm2A and help restore your Second Amendment Rights.

Almost every time I go into the Nashua BJ's I walk past the safes. Up here we don't even think about sales tax...

If you have a way to get it home, consider coming up this way. Hell, depending on which one you want, I might be able to give you a hand with my truck. PM me if you want to explore that.
    Quote Originally Posted by hillman
    I was up all night because my wife was coughing, puking, sneezing, wheezing, whining, crying...and it didn't have anything to do with sex this time!
    Why are they called 'Mad Scientists' when they always seem so happy??

Thats a sweet deal. Is BJ's one of the ones you need a membership for and if so how much?
    "In the Vietnam War they figured out that it took 50,000 rounds to take down 1 enemy soldier but with a sniper it only took 1.3 rounds. Thats $23,000 versus $0.17. The moral of that story is don't be our enemy" - Larry The Cable Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Nectaris View Post
    Thats a sweet deal. Is BJ's one of the ones you need a membership for and if so how much?
    It is... Membership is in the $50/year unless you get a discount from where you work.
    Quote Originally Posted by hillman
    I was up all night because my wife was coughing, puking, sneezing, wheezing, whining, crying...and it didn't have anything to do with sex this time!
    Why are they called 'Mad Scientists' when they always seem so happy??

Center of Mass (See, that's funny because...)

Quote Originally Posted by Garys View Post
    AT

As I recall from previous threads, BJs probably will not cancel the sales tax, you'll have to argue it out with corporate.
    My son is a front-line supervisor at the Northboro BJ's (corporate HQ is in Westboro so this is their 'flagship' store), and they definitely know NOT to charge sales tax on gun safes. The sku should actually come up tax-exempt. If they somehow find a way to charge sales tax on a gun safe, head immediately to the customer service desk and explain it. They'll correct it.
    The best revenge is living well.

I was there the other day and I think they were doing a $40 for 14 months or something like that.

Gun cabinets aren't gun safes? the 16 gun cabinet will probably be taxed.

That's good to know. A few years ago this was not the case. I remember a couple of threads on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by StevieP View Post
    My son is a front-line supervisor at the Northboro BJ's (corporate HQ is in Westboro so this is their 'flagship' store), and they definitely know NOT to charge sales tax on gun safes. The sku should actually come up tax-exempt. If they somehow find a way to charge sales tax on a gun safe, head immediately to the customer service desk and explain it. They'll correct it.
    Support Comm2A and help restore your Second Amendment Rights.

Is there a question by the OP? Or are these comments?

Only comment I have is: IF I had 18 rifles or shotguns............there's no way in HELL I'd even come close to thinking about buying any type of "safe" at BJ's....Nor would I really care too much if they errantly charged me the $187.50 in sales tax on what a really real safe should cost. Yea I'd go argue with corporate and get my money back, after the fact. YMMV.
    GOA
    GOAL
    NE4W
    NEOW
    NEA4WDC

NES Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garys View Post
    There is also a full size size one for $499.00. I think that's Sentry, not Stack On.
    It's a Stack-on. It goes on sale from time to time at $399, most recently right before Christmas.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast