Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by commandcaddy View Post
    From everything I've heard, he was a very good student and person and a real strong long distance runner. Only hope is that he is in woods or swamp somewhere but that seems a remote possibility by now.

Not a lot of woods or swamp in the area he was hunting... Only real place for him to go would be into the drink. Just a bit strange how they found his boat - but no evidence it had been overturned. Just a sad story all around though. Hate to see sportsmen get hurt or worse yet - lose their lives. Its a reminder that anyone can become over confident or too comfortable with what they're doing and that's when mistakes are made...
    "I think myself that we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious." - Thomas Jefferson
    "A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of the truth." - Albert Einstein

NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Support Comm2A. Shop on Amazon using their link.
    Rod and Gun Club of New Bedford Member
    New Bedford Rifle Range Member

NES Member

I've been on some spit of land in a bay right at a tide change and my kayak almost floated away on me. This was in the summer time ! It comes in fast !
    LTC NR MA,NH,ME
    RSO
    GOAL,NRA
    454SS

This is very sad to see, I hope they find him alive, but certainly hope they at least find him for his family. Bad time of the year to be lost.

The 2013 hunting season wasn't very good for hunters, although there weren't as many accidental shootings as there have been in years past, I've read many reports of hunters getting lost, suffering serious injuries by falling out of treestands, and quite a few died of heart attacks while out in the woods.

This story just came over the wire:

Alabama hunter stabbed near heart after falling from tree onto own arrow

An Alabama bow hunter is in critical condition after falling from a tree onto one of his own arrows, which impaled him just inches above his heart.

The 27-year-old said he was hunting alone in Beauregard when his tree stand collapsed about 5:20 p.m. Monday, according to the Lee County Sheriff's Office.

"Politicians Are Like Diapers, They Should Be Changed Often, And For The Same Reason"

Sad. I hope they find him, but right its below freezing and snowing here.

Heard this last night. Hope he makes it somehow.

Damn. Sorry to hear this. Shit can go wrong at any time and always when you least expect it.
    I can haz more government?

-statist kitty

Quote Originally Posted by Zappa View Post
    The 2013 hunting season wasn't very good for hunters, although there weren't as many accidental shootings as there have been in years past, I've read many reports of hunters getting lost, suffering serious injuries by falling out of treestands, and quite a few died of heart attacks while out in the woods.

This story just came over the wire:

We just had one down here recently... http://www.wspa.com/story/23857352/h...beville-county

ABBEVILLE, SC - A man is dead after being shot while hunting in Abbeville County.

The Abbeville Coroner's Office has identified the victim as Bradford Phillip Todd, 40, of Florence.

According to a spokesman for the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources, a person was hunting in the Sumter National Forest, near Candy Branch Road, when he was shot by someone who was in a tree stand. The investigation is in its preliminary stages and more details will be released as they become available
    There may be charges for the ND. There are a few more details here. http://www.southcarolinaradionetwork...y-shot-hunter/

I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast