Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bendad97 View Post
    Millions of illegals in California, bleeding the state to death, and some shit head out there wants to make sure that the DOGS are legal. This country is f**ked.
    That about sums it up.

Here I was thinking there wasn't a level beyond full retard. I stand corrected.
    The amount of "dumb" you are exposed to is directly proportionate to the company you keep. Choose wisely.
    In the absence of common sense, the only sensible thing to do is to become absent.
    lifes hard, its harder if you're stupid

My read on the article is that they have "Mandatory" microchip, spay and neuturing. That is also a WTF!!!
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

R.J.Wiedemann.LtCol.USMC Ret.

Having a dog is a privilege...

Most of the people out there believe that everything in their lives is subject to the whims of government.

This shit really pisses me off...My dog is vaccinated, chipped, well trained, kept in a fenced yard. I will not pay for the actions of irresponsible dog owners.

I have a dog and refuse to get a dog license. If you look at the town budget the "animal control officer" has a $25K/yr budget and gets like $2K/yr in fees/fines. Dog licenses DO NOT pay for the ACO, not even close. I conclude its about control, power, small testicles, and little else.

When questioned, the ACO stated that over 50% all calls for service were for wild animals. My town is 3000 people in a land area the size of Fitchburg....in other words, all woods. We pay someone to deal with WILD ANIMALS!!??? If you live in the woods and can't deal with wild animals then call a professional service. You don't call the ACO when ants and cockroaches invade your doublewide because you have not swept the floor since last Thanksgiving....you call Terminix!

Show up at my house asking to come in and look for dogs, come with a search warrant and police, or don't come.

Quote Originally Posted by GomerPile View Post
    This shit really pisses me off...My dog is vaccinated, chipped, well trained, kept in a fenced yard. I will not pay for the actions of irresponsible dog owners.

I have a dog and refuse to get a dog license. If you look at the town budget the "animal control officer" has a $25K/yr budget and gets like $2K/yr in fees/fines. Dog licenses DO NOT pay for the ACO, not even close. I conclude its about control, power, small testicles, and little else.

When questioned, the ACO stated that over 50% all calls for service were for wild animals. My town is 3000 people in a land area the size of Fitchburg....in other words, all woods. We pay someone to deal with WILD ANIMALS!!??? If you live in the woods and can't deal with wild animals then call a professional service. You don't call the ACO when ants and cockroaches invade your doublewide because you have not swept the floor since last Thanksgiving....you call Terminix!

Show up at my house asking to come in and look for dogs, come with a search warrant and police, or don't come.
    What many don't get is that the ACO, Fancy name for "Dog Catcher" is not empowered by state law to handle wildlife. The state (Fish & Wildlife) doesn't say anything as they don't want to have to do it. This is the same thing with the PRIVATE animal groups in Mass. they have no legal standing or authority to involve themselves with wildlife problems but again they do as the Agency that YOU PAY with your license fees(Those of you that buy Hunting, Fishing and Trapping licenses) Will always abdicate thier authority to someone else so they don't have to do the job. This is why MSPCA and Boston Humane Society stick thier nose where it doesn't belong.
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

R.J.Wiedemann.LtCol.USMC Ret.

Quote Originally Posted by Obie1 View Post
    You can have my dog when you pry your cold, dead hand from his mouth (or something like that).

Quote Originally Posted by dlarge View Post
    Who is actually letting these people into their homes?
    Dude, it's California. They're probably offering to write the violations themselves. Until you get close to it's northern border with the U.S., there's nobody in CA that would even think to say "why yes ma'am, I do have a dog, and no you may not see him or his licenses, but you're welcome to go #### yourself."

Unbelievable
    Master Electrician, MA, NH, CT
    GOAL Board of Directors
    NRA Life, Goal Life
    National Society Sons of the American Revolution
    Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War

Justice Scalia, writing for the majority, determined that, ďThe Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia.Ē

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast