Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Kahr PM9 or Sig 938, which would you choose?

I'm looking to purchase a new compact 9mm for EDC. I have a Kahr K9, but want something smaller and lighter. Would you choose the PM9 or the P938. Why?

I'm leaning heavily towards the P938.

Thanks.

Assuming your from mass where would you get that sig p938 from?

Quote Originally Posted by transamkid86 View Post
    Assuming your from mass where would you get that sig p938 from?
    It recently made THE List and will be hitting the stores next month.

PM9 all day long and twice on Sunday. The 938 is single action and has a small safety lever. I don't think that safety lever is large enough to use easily.

While the MA approved PM9 also has a small safety lever, it is a striker fired gun with a long trigger pull so you can just leave the safety off.

Finally, SIG quality control has been in the crapper for some time.

Go with the kahr. You already have one, are familiar with the trigger pull etc, and you don't actually need to use the safety on the kahr like you do on the SIG.
    A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

If you are torn between the two, than why not just keep the one you already have?

One thing I will point out. For me, the Kahr PM9 (and others of similar size) is a pocket gun. It is small and short, making harder to shoot quickly and accurately, due to its shorter sight radios and short grip. The reason to accept those drawbacks is because it is small enough and light enough to fit in a pocket. But if I'm going to carry in a holster on my belt, then I can easily carry something that is bigger and easier to shoot. It isn't any harder to conceal your K9 in a belt holster than to conceal a PM9 in a belt holster.

Fwiw, I have a 938 and absolutely love it, cocked and locked. Also the most accurate pocket gun I've ever shot.

glock or 1911? Do you like SAO, carry in position 1 and a thumb safety or do you like DAO or DA/SA guns? The comparison is not 100%, but for me it is close enough. I carry 1911s and P238/938s depending on the situation. I have no interest in carrying PM9, G26, M&P Shield, etc. I will use a G17, M&P, or similar for shooting IDPA or similar, but that is different.

Harvard Sportsmen's Club Member
    GOAL Member
    NRA Member

I have a free-state PM9 (no external safety) and a p238 (which is pretty close to the p938 but in .380 instead of 9mm.) I don't really like SAO or external safeties on defensive guns, but that is of course a personal preference. I carry the PM9 a lot, the p238 mostly lives in my safe.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast