Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by derek View Post
    The members should be demanding his resignation.
    +1 I would be pissed!
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity" --Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by derek View Post
    The members should be demanding his resignation.

I don't think there are many (or any) members left besides Jeff W. The organization never really took off, and I think that even people who were once referred to as officers of the organization bailed out.

I don't know if you ever met Jeff W, or are familiar with him? Among other things, he was host of a radio talk show called "Good Morning Maine". The times that I spoke to him he seemed to be a good guy, and leaned toward the libertarian end of the Republican scale. Then something happened that really changed him, no one seems to talk about what or how. His show was taken off the radio and he just kind of disappeared.

The attempt to push for the mandatory training laws was a really odd thing that seemed way out of sort compared to what I had perceived of him.

Default Relevance of MGOA

There are two bills being debated in the Maine legislature concerning gun rights (LD814, LD985). No mention of these what soever on the MGOA web-sight. How relevant is this organization anyways? What do they do and how do they further the cause of freedom by supporting the right to bear arms?

I'm just finding this thread, which is interesting to say the least. Here is the link for LD 814: http://www.mainelegislature.org/legi...s/HP055001.asp

LD 985:
    http://www.mainelegislature.org/legi...s/SP036801.asp

Am I reading the second one correctly, to loan a friend/neighbor a gun it has to go through a FFL?

Default LD 814 LD 895

Both bills (814 and 985) are pretty much finished. They were recommended "Should not pass" in committee and are (DEAD) meaning it would take a 2/3 vote of the full legislature to bring them back to life.

http://janus.state.me.us/legis/LawMa...85&SessionID=8

Thank God.

Default maine

I would think its in your best interests to find out if this org is registered with the state and how many members.most orgs are incoporated with the state.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12