Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Default Transcript of All Speeches at the Rally Today

Update with Mike-Mike, AngelKing and Dongalonga's speech transcripts.

I think I can speak on all speakers' behalf, that please feel welcome to share the speeches on social media. I simply request that you quote each speech in its entirety, so that words are not quoted out of context.

Oh what a great event! Let's keep the pressure on! Thank you for Dongalonga's hard work to make this a success beyond my wildest expectations. Many friends in the crowd asked for the transcript of my speech, so here it is:

The past Monday I decided to visit the Minuteman Park in Lexington and pay tribute to Captain John Parker and his fellow minutemen. A thought came to my mind, that the founding fathers of the United States and Chairman Mao had one thing in common: they all realized that guns are important political instruments. Their similarities, however, ended there:

Chairman Mao wrote: ‘Political power grows out of barrel of a gun’, and he dictated: ‘The party shall command the gun’. James Madison and his compatriots, however, believing that the power of the state is derived from the consent of the governed, ratified that ‘the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed’.

23 years ago, I was a college freshman exercising my freedom of speech and assembly in Tian’anmen Square, much like we are doing here today. We grew frustrated by the restriction of personal freedoms and the corrupted Chinese government, and we thought peaceful protest would make the country better. Our young passion and patriotism was crushed by hails of full metal jackets out of AK47’s. (Some AK purists here would argue they were really type 56’s). We could not fight back, because we did not have an inch of iron in our hands, to borrow a Chinese expression: we were unarmed.

Gun owners like us often say: the Second Amendment is the protector against a tyrannical government. Some may argument that a man with a rifle is no match to the military machines of today, so such beliefs are no longer relevant. However, 20 million peaceful Beijing citizens in 1989, sure wished that they had a few million rifles in their hands!

Freedom is not free. Liberty has costs. We recognize that in this free society, criminals or mentally deranged could get weapons and murder the innocents. The answer, however, is not to disarm the law abiding citizens. Not only criminals and the deranged will violate the laws anyway, but more importantly, when a government turns criminal, when a government turns deranged, the body count will not be five, ten or twenty, but hundreds, like in Tian’anmen Square, or millions, counted in the 90-year history of the Chinese Communist Party.

Our constitutional republic may look fuzzy and loving today (if you think so, I’ve got a TSA agent you should meet), but keep in mind that absolute power corrupts absolutely! And when a government has monopoly on guns, it has absolute power!

Do you know that the Chinese Constitution guarantees almost all the nice things we have here? It is written that Chinese citizens enjoy freedom of speech and religion, they have human and property rights, and that such rights cannot be taken away without due process of the law. And do you know what? Chinese people do not have the right to keep and bear arms. I assure you all those nice guarantees, are not worth the paper they are printed on, because when the government has all the guns, they have all the rights.

I was not born a citizen of the United States, I was naturalized in 2007. In 2008, I became a proud gun owner. To me, a rifle is not for sporting or hunting, it is an instrument of freedom. It guarantees that I cannot be coerced, that I have free will, and that I am a free man.

Now suppose the 20 million Beijing citizens had had a few million rifles, how many rounds should they have been ALLOWED to load into their magazines? 10? 7? How about 3?

Never, never, never give up the fight, my friends. It may be a small step that you give up your rifle, or a 30-round magazine, but it will be a giant leap in the destruction of this great republic.

In closing I will quote the words of Captain John Parker: "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon. But if they want to have a war, let it begin here."
    Mike-Mike's Speech:
    Thank you for coming and participating in the historical event.
    This is what America is about. Peaceful Demonstrations and discussions.

Who are we and what do we want? We are neighbors, moms, dads, police officers, teachers, plumbers, doctors, and waiters.
    What do we want? Freedom
    Our founders would be saddened by what we are going through as a nation, and as a state.
    They would be very proud of each of you.
    Today the state house is closed and the reps are far away. But believe me, our voices will be echoing in these halls when they come back.
    This protest isn’t about Magazines and counting rounds. Nor is it about scary looking guns. It’s about a Government infringement that has just gone too far.
    Good people are awakening across this nation and they will not go quietly. …
    Others have stood so bravely, so that we could be a free people.
    Now, it’s our time to stand for our children and for our future generations.
    Please stand with me, please stand strongly and don’t for one minute think you are alone.
    Look around, these are all fellow patriots that refuse to be oppressed by a tyrannical government.

Americans, we are a Peaceful people who take our rights very seriously.
    Chris (AngelKing)

Good afternoon – on behalf of northeastshooters.com and of all people concerned about civil rights, I welcome you all and commend your commitment.

Let me begin, by first acknowledging those who are protesting and demanding more restrictions to the second amendment. While I disagree with them as I suspect everyone in attendance does, I am grateful to live in a country where debate and lively conversation is celebrated.

I welcome that conversation and I hope you do as well because it’s an opportunity for us to educate and demystify the second amendment. I know that through logic, persistence and education, we will always prevail over blatant emotionalism and outright lies.

I only wish our legislators and media outlets would respect us enough to allow for such a conversation.

Instead of a actually facing us, they prefer to speak to and listen only to those who share their opinions. People like President Obama, Governor Patrick and Representative Linsky have all chosen to ignore the opinion of the average American, instead relying on the yes men in their inner circles and in the news media to repeat their agenda through misconceptions and a truly perverse lust for attention grabbing sound bytes. They choose to ignore us as a means of controlling the conversation.

Judging by today’s turnout, its safe to say that they can no longer ignore us! I want you all to use today as a true rally and demand change. Come together and tell them NO MORE! NO MORE will we sit back and just accept every reactionary law that is less about enhancing public safety than it is about advancing someone’s political ambitions.
    NO MORE will we allow the media to control the conversation and portray those who support the second amendment as foam at the mouth radicals.

So I call upon every man, woman and child in this crowd and in crowds across the country to take action. I am reminded of Howard Beale in the classic film Network, he said it best when he said

"Im as mad as hell, and Im not going to take it anymore!"

(direct crowd to chant)

But its not enough. Its not enough to be mad. Its not enough to get angry at the loss of our freedoms. Again, to all of you out there, TAKE ACTION. Write your representatives. Call them. VISIT THEM. Let them know not only that we will not be ignored, but that we DO NOT fit the stereotypes they cling to.

We are your neighbors, we are your co-workers. We are your friends. We are attorneys, we are entrepreneurs, we are in retail, construction, academia and everything in between. We will not be ignored and we will remind you of this with respect, with dignity but above all, with unwavering dedication to preserving our rights.

Thank you, good luck and remember, this fight has only just begun!
    Shaun Sweeney (dongalonga)

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

This is why we gather here today. As we exercise our First Amendment rights, we must fight to retain those guaranteed under The Second Amendment.

Do not be fooled into the belief that this is a partisan issue. It is not. Our Founding Fathers had many beliefs and ideologies. Their consensus was simple. To guarantee the rights of a free people, they must have means with which to defend themselves.

Today, as we continue in that spirit, we must realize we are not subject to mob rule. However, as a Constitutional Republic, the individual is protected from mob rule.

Our rights were not granted under The Constitution allowing government to control them as they see fit. Our rights were recognized and guaranteed as the natural rights of every man, woman, and child.

I close with this:

All free people must possess both the power of the pen and sword to remain free.
    Last edited by June4th; 01-20-2013 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Adding additional transcripts
    When .gov starts shooting at you, it sucks not being able to shoot back

The signs I held today:

sign1.JPGSign2.JPG
    When .gov starts shooting at you, it sucks not being able to shoot back

Great job today!
    "It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong." Voltaire

No one gets out alive.
    And you can't take anything with you.
    So have fun and give em hell.

awesome

For anyone that didn't see the speech today the transcript doesn't do it justice.

Great job today!

Your speech was my favorite part of the day. Great job.

Default Transcript of My Speech at the Rally Today

WOW. That was a powerful read. I wish I could have gotten close enough to hear it. This should be sent to all of the news outlets. Everyone in the entire country needs to read this.

Thank you.
    Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatus Nunc.

CR050114 | ME051815 | MA062415 | NH063015 | PA021816

Great speech !!!
    Proud Member of GOAL and NES

"I want you to remember one thing, the folks back home is a-countin' on you and by golly, we ain't about to let 'em down." - Major T.J.Kong

Very very well done.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast