Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Fake Jack Daniels ?

Ok, i have noticed when i buy my Jack Daniels from a packy in Townsend, MA (The "Wine nook") it just doesn't taste right, in fact it tastes rather sharp. I have also noticed this with the Crown Royal i have purchased from the same place as well.

In doing some research it turns out that there are fake Jack Daniels being sold in China, which they cut with methanol. so it is possible i guess..

I bought a bottle from a good packy i ayer center, and dammit they taste very different.

So, has anyone noticed this before ?

Roscoe, I've heard that happens with bottles left in direct sunlight for long periods. That might be the case.
    Comm2A Gold Sponsor
    Goal Member

NRA Member
    ARC Member
    MA LTC: Restictions - None
    CT Non-Res LTC

Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office.

"Politicians Are Like Diapers, They Should Be Changed Often, And For The Same Reason"

Thats why I prefer the cheap stuff. Old Crow. $12 +/- a jug @nh liquor stores. Tastes better than jack and less hangovers.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional,
    illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream
    media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible
    to pick up a turd by the clean end."
    "At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Just found this from the UK:

£500,000 worth of fake goods seized

Published on 20th December 2012

Sandwell Trading Standards officers officers seized around £500,000 of fake goods in a raid in West Bromwich.

The raid, which was carried out with West Midlands Police, was carried out last weekend.

The trader was arrested for counterfeit offences and is currently on bail pending further enquiries.

A further business had counterfeit YSL, Coca Cola, Jack Daniels and Disney clothing seized during the course of the inspection.
    Full Story >>> http://www.sandwell.gov.uk/news/arti...e_goods_seized

I think these are just knockoff items bearing unlicensed copywrited logos, not actual consumable products.
    Last edited by Zappa; 12-26-2012 at 09:57 PM.

"Politicians Are Like Diapers, They Should Be Changed Often, And For The Same Reason"

I'd contact JD and tell them about it. I bet they would be interested in catching those bastards and making an example out of them. Plus if this is being sold without being properly taxed The ATF will have a field day.
    When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills! The people it kills get up and kill! - Dr. Foster, Dawn of the Dead

When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It's difficult only for others. It's the same thing when you are stupid.

Member of GOAL
    Life Member of NRA
    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor & Range Safety Officer

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

F.E.M.A. Region I ; Grid: JN61fv ; US_of_A

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    Ok, i have noticed when i buy my Jack Daniels from a packy in Townsend, MA (The "Wine nook") it just doesn't taste right, in fact it tastes rather sharp. I have also noticed this with the Crown Royal i have purchased from the same place as well.

In doing some research it turns out that there are fake Jack Daniels being sold in China, which they cut with methanol. so it is possible i guess..

I bought a bottle from a good packy i ayer center, and dammit they taste very different.

So, has anyone noticed this before ?
    Methanol (wood alcohol) is bad news... It'll make you blind...alot of this was distributed during prohibition, from what I understand from my study of history.

If you want a good Jack Daniels substitute for mixing with coke, try Evan Williams. I've tried it and its taste is indistinguishable when mixed.

If the Chinese are importing whiskey with methanol in it, you should contact the FBI and provide a sample for testing.

The Three Percent.
    We are not going away
    I refuse to bear the guilt or suffer punishment for another man's actions, imposed on me by dictatorial, agenda driven legislators or an ignorant and brainwashed public.

I drink Jim Beam. I'm not worried.

ďBut the biggest, most violently irresponsible gun owner in the country isnít some left-wing caricature redneck or a deranged teen plotting a massacre from his basement. Itís the state.Ē ― Malcolm Harris, Aljazeera

Member of GOAL and the NRA; Supporter of Comm2A; Member of NHFC to support free-staters

Seriously - call Jack Daniels...
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Ben Franklin

"What good is a man who won't make a stand?" - Ben Harper

"And you do what they told ya - now you're under control"....

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/signaturepics/sigpic2474_1.gif

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast