Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Fuddery at AR-15 manufacturer Tactical Arms

In today's Herald:

“Our sole business being the assault rifle, it is a concern that it will literally put us out of business,” said Ken Rinkor, vice president of Tactical Arms Manufacturer Inc. in Huntersville, N.C. “That is not for us to determine. If the general public decides to vote the way of banning assault rifles, then they can certainly do so, and we don’t have an opinion on how it will affect us.”

While he feared a ban on rifles, Rinkor supported calls for a ban on sales to the public of high-capacity magazines, which may be used on his AR-15’s or those made by other manufacturers.

“Frankly, I think there’s no need for anybody to have such … magazines, 20 or 30 rounds. It makes no sense at all to have that large of a magazine, even for personal protection,” he said.

Didn't expect to read that this morning.

“Frankly, I think there’s no need for anybody to have such … magazines, 20 or 30 rounds. It makes no sense at all to have that large of a magazine, even for personal protection,” he said.

The concept of a 10 round limit first gained steam back when Bill Ruger proposed such a ban as a way to make sure that any legislation spared his company's products.
    Check out the USPSA Northeast Section at www.uspsa-ne.org, and the USPSA nationals site at www.uspsa.org

what i wonder is, is this what he really believes? Or is he trying to save his company. I wonder if he believes that if they ban "high capacity" mags that they will leave the AR alone.
    There are brave men outside that gate......lets go kill them-Tyrion Lannister

Nuke the site from orbit......Its the only way to be sure

Wow, I don't even know what to say here! It is these f**ks that are doing more harm to us than even the antis who always spout the same rhetoric. People are used to hearing their crap, so it is just business as usual, but when you see arms manufacturers "outing themselves" by making statements such as this, it sends a HUGE message to the ignorant general public that they will take seriously. I think this particular statement needs to be circulated on all enthusiest sites, facebook, etc. to get the message out so that WE put him out of business - not the AWB! It makes me sick to think that anyone who cares about our freedoms would ever spend a nickle with his company again!

Another Whore. Pulling the same shit Bill Ruger did, for the same reason.
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

R.J.Wiedemann.LtCol.USMC Ret.

F.E.M.A. Region I ; Grid: JN61fv ; US_of_A

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator03 View Post
    Wow, I don't even know what to say here! It is these f**ks that are doing more harm to us than even the antis who always spout the same rhetoric. People are used to hearing their crap, so it is just business as usual, but when you see arms manufacturers "outing themselves" by making statements such as this, it sends a HUGE message to the ignorant general public that they will take seriously. I think this particular statement needs to be circulated on all enthusiest sites, facebook, etc. to get the message out so that WE put him out of business - not the AWB! It makes me sick to think that anyone who cares about our freedoms would ever spend a nickle with his company again!
    I'm sure this Chicago-mafia administration is doing some "arm twisting" with regards to manufacturer's licenses (in this case) and FFL licenses for the sporting goods chains that are "suddenly" dropping the AR rifles from their inventory. There's no other rational way to look at this scenario, as a business decision, it makes no sense.

Gee, with friends like these, who needs enemies? Hopefully he just Zumboed himself, although I suspect the tinfoilers will still buy his product with all the panic going on.

-Mike

Looks like his business will fail regardless
    “There’s no reason why, on the street today, a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons...” - Governor Ronald Reagan

"I support the Brady Bill and I urge Congress to enact it without further delay." - President Ronald Reagan

Vote Libertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by KennethWVT View Post
    Looks like his business will fail regardless
    Yeah, done and done... Nothing like telling your market they are lunatics and to blame for a massacre...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast