Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ARs Aside.....

Default ARs Aside.....

does anyone produce 80% receivers other than AR types? Is anyone aware of a bolt action 80% receivers? Silly or not, I am curious.
    NRA Patron Member
    G.O.A.L. Member
    NRA Certified Instructor
    MA State Police Certified Instructor
    NRA Range Safety Officer

Yeap. AK's, HK's, 10/22's, and so on. If you can weld, you can reweld some torch cut receivers like UZI's.

Idk about bolt actions, but I am sure you can find a diy bolt gun thread out there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by edmorseiii View Post
    Yeap. AK's, HK's, 10/22's, and so on. If you can weld, you can reweld some torch cut receivers like UZI's.

Idk about bolt actions, but I am sure you can find a diy bolt gun thread out there somewhere.
    regarding a lot of the surplus kits with cut receivers. Is rewelding a legitimate solution?

Quote Originally Posted by slap shot View Post
    regarding a lot of the surplus kits with cut receivers. Is rewelding a legitimate solution?
    If you are a good enough welder and the kit affords the required parts, sure. I know a guy that has done it.

Saw a guy on youtube re-weld a torch cut reciever from a belt fed machine gun.

"“Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will. Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them, and these will continue till they are resisted with either words or blows, or both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.” – Frederick Douglass

Quote Originally Posted by headednorth View Post
    Saw a guy on youtube re-weld a torch cut reciever from a belt fed machine gun.

love that channel. too bad he stopped posting videos a year ago. i wanted to see the finished product.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dradian View Post
    love that channel. too bad he stopped posting videos a year ago. i wanted to see the finished product.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    He did a lot of cool stuff I thought. Im bummed he stopped posting as well.
    "“Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will. Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them, and these will continue till they are resisted with either words or blows, or both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.” – Frederick Douglass

There were some Remington 700 "80%" receivers here and there. Either too expensive or vaporware, and not really "80%" (yeah, I know "80% is a marketing term with no legal definition" blah blah)

There's also the FAL (castings & forgings) - also not "80%", and fairly complicated.

Is rewelding a legitimate solution?
    Take a tour around weaponsguild one of these days.

For some sub guns, an 80% receiver is more or less just a pipe the right size. On the handgun side both Glock and 1911s have 80% frames. Cobray made some really crappy sheet metal kits. AR lowers are just particularly easy.
    Comm2A member, GOAL member

Quote Originally Posted by enbloc View Post
    Pirates = Politicians
    Quote Originally Posted by Rider View Post
    That's really unfair to pirates. Pirates might rob you, rape you, and/or kill you, but they don't tell you it's for your benefit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast