Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Homemade Bubba Carbine

I don't dare post this in the Milsurp forum. This is something I had been thinking of doing for a long time, and I finally sacked up and did it.

This started out as a run of the mill 91/30, with non-matching, electropencil serial numbers and counterbored barrel. This was a $99 gun that had no sentimental value for me, and I have at least 2 others just like it.

I wanted to have a really short 91/30, so I cut the barrel down to 17", but I wanted the stock to still look like a 91/30. I took about 11" off the stock and relocated the front barrel band and retainer so it still kind of looks like a Mosin. I stripped the old finish off with citrus stripper, and smoothed out the wood with 600 grit and fine steel wool, then refinished with boiled linseed oil.

I used the Brass Stacker front sight mount to relocate the original sight to it's new home.

It is about 2" shorter than my M44 carbine, but probably about a pound lighter.

Edit: Official measurements - overall length is 37" and weight is 7.5 pounds.

I haven't shot it yet, but I expect the recoil to be awesome.

I am fully prepared to be flamed and neg-repped for this, but I think it came out kinda cool.

Comparison to one of it's unmolested brethren:

Last edited by mclina; 03-16-2014 at 03:18 PM.
    Have a nice day

I want to do the same! Ahhh that's going to be a ****ing flamethrower.

REPPED.
    Quote Originally Posted by xtry51 View Post
    Don't want people like me hunting you down? Don't confiscate firearms from me or people I know. Simple.
    Prove your existence

ďMy technique is donít believe anything. If you believe in something, you are automatically precluded from believing its opposite.Ē
    Terence McKenna

Love it!
    Stop complaining about MA and Join GOAL and comm2a if you want to make a difference.

www.downzerotraining.com

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

NES Member

**** yea. Just don't try to sell it on Gunbroker as an "officer's model" or some shit...

Cool as ****...where, in relation to the counterbore did you cut/crown the barrel?
    ... "SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI" translated, " Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever"...

.....I like it
    "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes"

"Every fight is a food fight, when you're a cannibal"

I see no reason anybody would neg rep you you did a very clean job kept it looking stock honoring its heritage. Looks awesome
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    NRA Firearms Instructor

Check out ItsTime2A you can thank me later

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Dakar652 View Post
    Cool as ****...where, in relation to the counterbore did you cut/crown the barrel?
    The counterbore was probably 3-4" deep. I took 11" off the barrel.
    Have a nice day

Might want to wear a fireplace mitt on your supporting hand the first time you shoot that. Nice work.
    Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ has made us free and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. - Galatians 5:1, King James Bible

I have a few in the works similar to that. I doubt mine will be as clean. +1
    "I'm spooning a Barrett 50 cal. I could kill a building." -Sterling Archer
    @Lowbird00

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast