Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hoisting License!!

Looking to see if any NES'ers have their hoisting license.. I have to get mine but having a difficult time finding all the right info... Is it a class, then a test like my LTC?.. Is there a book to go through or do you go in blind and take a test?..I know all of my hand signals and have been operating machines on and off for a few years but as far as literature, im so confused..

Any info would be greatly appreciated..

Thank you in advance!

NES Member

I have my 1C/2A. When I took it about 10 years ago, I applied for the test, paid the fee, and took it. I did get some kind of study guide, but I cant even being to remember. Try MA.gov and look under there for hoisting operator. Definitly know your hand signals, and know how to operate a forklift safely.... center of gravity and where it moves was a few questions as i recall.

Thanks, I have been looking in ma.gov. The site only tells you to look through osha and digsafe website for study info there is pages and pages of random info not really narrowed down... I guess I am looking for some sort of class that will prepare you for the test..

Pm inbound.

I have a 1b-2b HE license. Got it about 15 years ago from petersons. Back then it cost 350 for the class and test. Not sure what the cost is now but I believe they still do the class.

This is required watching for fork truck safety!!!

LTC Class-A-No Restrictions
    NH Non-Res Permit
    ME Non-Res Permit
    NES Green Member
    NRA
    GOAL
    Haverhill Hound Rod and Gun club

Quote Originally Posted by Kicker96FS View Post
    This is required watching for fork truck safety!!!

That's some funny stuff. Those wacky Germans could give Benny Hill a run for his money.

There is a book available from the state house bookstore, Call you state rep and have them get it for you.

You will have to have a current DOT medical certificate, to sit for the exam. The whole thing is nothing more than a Walletectomy.
    IIRC That shithole is the only state in New Engalnd that requires this and only one of six states country wide. Safety BULLSHIT!!
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

R.J.Wiedemann.LtCol.USMC Ret.

RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be

A license to pick things up....amazing.

Do you need another one to put it back down?
    At my age, just about everything pisses me off !

Show me ANY law that would have stopped any of the school shootings.
    Freedom has ceased to be a birthright; it has come to mean whatever we are still permitted to do.
    US Army Security Agency 1967-1971 - NRA Benefactor

If you live in Massachusetts protect your 2nd Amendment rights and donate... Comm2a.org

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    A license to pick things up....amazing.

Do you need another one to put it back down?
    Oh, it gets better, If your are on your own property with your own machine, You are rquired to have a DOT medical card and Hoisting license to operate that machine. The only exemption is if you are a farm.
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end"

R.J.Wiedemann.LtCol.USMC Ret.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast