Default Triple 7 and Pyrodex storage - what are the limits in MA?

I just want to make sure of the definition of these black powder substitutes. Without a permit ammo storage laws allow 16 lbs for smokeless and 2 lbs for black powder. Does anyone know if Triple 7 and Pyrodex fall under the smokeless category or under black powder? I'm guessing the former but don't want to fall foul of the law.

As far as I know they fall under the smokeless category. In this state though, we are at the mercy of how the powers that be feel about powder and ammo today.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebanana View Post
    I just want to make sure of the definition of these black powder substitutes. Without a permit ammo storage laws allow 16 lbs for smokeless and 2 lbs for black powder. Does anyone know if Triple 7 and Pyrodex fall under the smokeless category or under black powder? I'm guessing the former but don't want to fall foul of the law.

I would make a call to either your Fire Chief or the State Fire Marshal's Office and ask. I honestly don't know and that info would be valuable to a lot of people here.
    Mass. Gun Laws By and For Non-Lawyers (How To Stay Legal and Out of Trouble) - Seminar
    http://home.comcast.net/~safety-instructor

NRA Certified Instructor and Range Officer

We have met the enemy and he is US!