Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone on CB?

Tried to raise an NESer for 10 minutes then skanned the channels to see what's going on. Everyone sounds like they are from a Texas truck stop and only want to hear themselves talk. Oh well, back in storage it goes.

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session.
    Mark Twain

I remember during the height of the last cycle I used to talk to the same group of guys in TX every day up above 40 on SSB. They sounded like they were down the street. No echo mikes or beeps, either.

-Mike

My rig is on a ups truck on its way to me....let's try again at some point. I'm in central ma so getting to you is gonna be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by cockpitbob View Post
    OK - TONIGHT.
    I'll be on ch-20 at 8:00pm and see if anyone comes back. I'm going to connect my cb to my long wire antenna and tuner. I'm down in a hole on the North Short (Topsfield) so I bet I don't get very far, but someone give me a try.

Hey Bandit! This is Little Beaver... Put your foot to the floor, we got your backdoor and I'm clear!

Use to be into it back in the day. Had quite the system, a "President Washington" IIRC with Echo, ping, and all kinds of add-ons. If was fun, but I was 16. Now, I have one in the work truck, mostly for traffic and a good laugh. Some of the over the road truckers can be a hoot to listen to. They can ramble on for hours w/o actually saying much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by GomerPile View Post
    My rig is on a ups truck on its way to me....let's try again at some point. I'm in central ma so getting to you is gonna be tough.
    Central MA will be tough, but I'm game.

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session.
    Mark Twain

I have them at work. If your ever going up 91 north past exit 3 in Vt (2nd half of the week), say hi. Might take a little searching, but Channel 37 and 21 are the two we use here. If its on and I'm inside, I'll say hi.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12