Default Seeking Subsonic 12 Gauge Load Data

If anyone has any 12 gauge load data for STS or Win AA HS hulls I would be grateful. Especially 3/4 or 7/8. Thanks

what powder, I duplicated as close to possible winchester lites....WAAlite powder under 7/8oz #8s. They where soft shooting but did not cycle my browning gold shotgun... I switched to clays and loaded the lightest charge on hodgdons website for 7/8oz #8s hardly a difference in recoil. Report was a bit loader though. Whats your goal ?

I found the most consistant low velocity loads I loaded where with 1 1/8oz shot I could get consistantly in the mid 1050fps range.

WAAlite became impossible to find even still when loaded on the lightest side I did not like its inconsistant report...bang bang pppppuff bang puufff.. It took away from focus on the target.

My pet load is 7/8oz shot clays powder for 1150 fps....crushes clays targets on the 16 yard line. hodgdon online data has a lot to choose from
    Last edited by mac1911; 08-26-2012 at 04:11 PM.

I shoot STS with red dot or promo I use this for loads
    http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloaders/default.aspx
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

Thanks for the pointers, guys. My wife just got the all clear from the doctor to start shooting again after rotator cuff surgery. She shoots a 391 in 12, and it helps. But she also shoots an SKB in Cowboy Action and all the force comes straight back. So I am looking for the lightest, softest loads I can make until her shoulder is up to the pounding again.

Might be better to add some weight to the guns. I have a 20g that kicks like a mule. I added almost 1 lb to the gun with a deadmule recoil reducers and lead tape from the golf shop. Helped a lot.
    Also for the cowboy gun ......how about a guage reducer maybe 20 or even 16 guage. Shoot some 3/4 oz light loads in these guages out of a heavy gun and recoil should be very light.

I have a set of chambermates for my citori.
    They work great...business is in limbo as far as I know
    Last edited by mac1911; 08-26-2012 at 10:31 PM.

Great Ideas, Mac1911. Thank you.

On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!

The other day a Dick's, there were relatively inexpensive Bob Allen vests, with removable recoil attenuating shoulder pads.

It's not just the "brute force" delivered, it's the perception, too....

best of luck.

I had no idea of the recoil of a 12 (though I've fired a few shells in my time) until I took a couple of shots left-handed.

Wow.

Habituation is important.
    If you pull a trigger, you have to pull together.
    -Me

Hancock Ale & Quail Society (Legacy Founding Member)
    NRA(Life); GOAL(Family); Southborough Rod & Gun Club
    Club Delegate - Worcester County League of Sportsmens' Clubs
    ATA; MATA
    NRA Certified Instructor (Shotgun, Pistol, Home Firearm Safety); MSP BFS
    Mass Hunter Ed Instructor
    Licensed Bartender