Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Just when I get use to tapatalk...
    The reviews say that the paid version of FR has adds, true? Ill wait till all the bugs are worked out before I switch.

Sent from my Photon using Tapatalk while sitting in the Burlington Mall parking lot.

Ads do not show up for Green Members.
    “Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms (of government) those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”

“The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government”

If you live in Massachusetts protect your 2nd Amendment rights and donate... Comm2a.org

Quote Originally Posted by derek View Post
    Ads do not show up for Green Members.
    Ahhh, ok thanks.

Btw, Taptalk just did an update yesterday and now I have to log in each time I open the app. Sucks!

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

I'm done with tapatalk, I like the NeS mobile app, but it doesn't show the threads you have commented on, it probably does I'm not good with these fancy computer things!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott D. View Post
    Ahhh, ok thanks.

Btw, Taptalk just did an update yesterday and now I have to log in each time I open the app. Sucks!

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
    Give forum runner a try, IMO it's better than Tapa(china)talk
    “Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms (of government) those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”

“The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government”

If you live in Massachusetts protect your 2nd Amendment rights and donate... Comm2a.org

I've spent some time trying forum runner on my iPad. I have used the old tapatalk and the newer tapatalk hd. Each has good and bad but I have gotten used to tapatalk hd and like it best.

I have not gone into the settings to make changes but by default I hate the FR interface. Fonts too big, no split topics/reading pane. Can't mark individual threads read without opening them.

Also the FR app makes reading multiple forums that you have memberships to hard. So far I have to re search to find the ones I want to read and I don't get a starting screen with the list of ones I have supplied login information to.

It might get better. I understand that it might be FAR better for the forum owner. For now, I will pass.

Kudos for working to make the reading experience better even if I don't appreciate it :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Harvard Sportsmen's Club Member
    GOAL Member
    NRA Member

Trying Forum runner now...

TESTING TESTING 123

NO emotions? :( :p

Quote Originally Posted by CrackPot
    I've spent some time trying forum runner on my iPad. I have used the old tapatalk and the newer tapatalk hd. Each has good and bad but I have gotten used to tapatalk hd and like it best.

I have not gone into the settings to make changes but by default I hate the FR interface. Fonts too big, no split topics/reading pane. Can't mark individual threads read without opening them.

Also the FR app makes reading multiple forums that you have memberships to hard. So far I have to re search to find the ones I want to read and I don't get a starting screen with the list of ones I have supplied login information to.

It might get better. I understand that it might be FAR better for the forum owner. For now, I will pass.

Kudos for working to make the reading experience better even if I don't appreciate it :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    FWIW:

To add a forum to the homepage, go to "current" and click the "add to favorites" button in the upper right.

Font sizes are found in FR's settings.

IMO, FR is WAY faster than tapatalk, but I've only been using it for about 10 minutes...I guess time will tell. If this will successfully load without crashing on my iPhone after being opened and closed a few times it will win easily (tapatalk crashes constantly for me)

ETA: the help section in the "more" tab is very helpful.
    Last edited by Almostelmo; 04-11-2012 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott D. View Post
    weird, didn't do this to me...
    "We own this country. Politicians are employees of ours."

Clint Eastwood
    August 30, 2012

Member: GOAL, NRA, IDPA, MRA, Reading R&R

The only thing I miss so far is the "latest participated threads" tab, where I could jump right to updated threads that I participated in. Forum Runner has something similar but it only threads that I actually started. (I don't start a lot of threads, but I do finish a bunch.)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast