Default Tulammo - Bad Primer Found

Was loading a case of ammo on stripper clips and the wench, er the wife, came across this beauty. Keep an eye out. Half teh primer cup is missing, but I can see it is a live one. I'm pretty sure this would have ended poorly for my BCG. First one in about 6k rounds I've seen. I'm sending it back to see what they say.

image.jpgimage[1].jpegimage[2].jpgimage[3].jpgimage[4].jpg
    Si vis pacem, para bellum - If you wish for peace, prepare for war

Have you heard about the vast Libertarian conspiracy? We want to take over the government and then.... Leave you alone.

Oops on the quality control - good catch.
    I have had no problems with the Tulammo so far but nice reminder to check em before loading em.
    Member @ HSC - Harvard Sportman's Club & HHRG - @ HHRG Haverhill Hound Rod and Gun, GOAL Member, NRA Life Member, Gun Owners of America Member, & Supporter of COMM2A.
    TIP: Use google and use site:northeastshooters.com to constrain the results to NES. It'll find anything thats not in the members areas

Banned

if you were running a AK you would

It happens. Last night while reloading, I found a Winchester small pistol primer with priming compound but no anvil.

Executing no-knock warrants, shooting dogs, and engaging in random jack-booted thuggery.

Quote Originally Posted by xtry51 View Post
    Was loading a case of ammo on stripper clips and the wench, er the wife, came across this beauty. Keep an eye out. Half teh primer cup is missing, but I can see it is a live one. I'm pretty sure this would have ended poorly for my BCG. First one in about 6k rounds I've seen. I'm sending it back to see what they say.

image.jpgimage[1].jpegimage[2].jpgimage[3].jpgimage[4].jpg
    I've actually had decent luck with the cheapest ammo around. I'll keep my eyes peeled though--thanks for the heads up.
    Last edited by OfficerObie59; 04-10-2012 at 12:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by whacko View Post
    I'd rather die a free man with a bad hip , too many scars and my eyes wide open than live as a member of a flock who thinks someone else can save me from Scary Things.

looks like it is in sideways, no big deal

Just throw it on the lawn of the local school and move on
    http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/signaturepics/sigpic296_3.gif

Agreed, just a primer that got seated sideways. They do sometimes get disoriented and they get smashed.
    You did well to inspect even the factory ammo before using.

it happens to me some time when i reload, I still inspect the ammo, after I make it.

I know Tula 7.62x54r is shit plain and simple. I was happy to find some non corrosive for $6 a box of 20 when I first spotted it. Shot 2 boxes of it through my Romak and had lousy performance, not to mention a few odd sounding rounds and one primer pop out and bounce off my face.

So far the 5.45x39, 7.62x39 and even .223 have worked ok in my semi autos even though I average about 1 dud for every 80 rounds of 5.45 I shoot. I have actually been stocking up on Wolf and Golden Tiger when I see it advertised now rather than Tulammo.

Banned

I have had similar experiences as Ray has. Their 7.62x54r is total shit. And to think there were a ton of pro-PSL users who championed this garbage.

It's like shooting fireworks out of the front of your barrel- you don't know if it'll be a dud, over powered, or explode in your face.